NEW Temporary Programme
23/03/20 - All Coaching is suspended for at least 3 weeks. Our Coaching programme will resume once the government guidelines have changed. stay safe all.
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak we have had to take some extreme measures and cut back major elements of the VTA programme. As of Friday 20th March 2020 all group coaching at all of our tennis venues will cease until the government advice on social distancing changes.
The government advises that, as a society, we should still get exercise and fresh air whilst maintaining a social distance. Tennis is a sport that can still be played and enjoyed by people in a safe environment during this difficult time.
As of Monday 23rd March 2020 Vale Tennis Academy will be implementing a temporary tennis programme where players will only be able to book Private Tennis Sessions with a member of our team...
Private tennis sessions will have the following conditions:
- Private tennis sessions can be booked in 30 or 60 minute slots.
- Sessions will take place on one court only.
- Private lessons can be booked for up to a maximum of 4 players per session.
- New balls will be used for each session/player. Players can bring their own (unopened) or purchase at a discounted rate of £4 per tube/pack from VTA.
- Players/Coaches will be responsible for their own personal hygiene (we do not advise using public washing facilities).
- All feedback and instruction will be kept at a safe distance.
- 24hrs notice is required on all bookings and cancellations.
Coach Availability and Rates:
10% discount on session fees when booking 4 or more lessons in advance.
Session fees exlcude balls, floodlights and court hire.
Rob Cunningham - Head Coach, £30ph. Suitable for players of all ages and standards.
Penarth Lawn Tennis Club - Tuesdays 9am-12noon & 4-6pm, Wednesdays 9am-12noon & 4-6pm, Fridays 9am-12noon
Peterston Super Ely - Thursdays 2pm-6pm
Drew Lumb - Academy Coach, £25ph. Suitable for players of all ages and standards.
Penarth Lawn Tennis Club - Mondays 4-8pm, Thursdays 4-8pm, Fridays 3-6pm, Saturdays 9:30am-1pm
Penny Mickelsen - Development Coach, £18ph. Suitable for players of all ages up to intermediate club standard.
Barry Community Tennis Club - Mon-Fri 4pm-7pm, Sat-Sun 9am-12noon.
Rob Blackiston - Development Coach, £18ph. Suitable for players of all ages up to intermediate club standard.
Llantwit Major Tennis Club - Monday-Saturday 9am-1pm.
Penarth Lawn Tennis Club - Monday-Friday 4-6pm.
Ben Coates - Academy Coach, £25ph. Suitable for players of all ages and standards.
Penarth Lawn Tennis Club -
How to book:
All sessions can be booked by calling, texting or emailing Rob Cunningham on 07909 987359 or email@example.com
Payment can be made via bacs, or cash on arrival.
Please allow 24 hours notice for any bookings/cancellations.