Playing Tennis Update
Wed, 29 Jul 2020 00:00
Based on their continued discussions with Government and following the further easing of restrictions, the LTA has updated its advice to clubs and coaches. Considering these changes, the club will be implementing the following changes.
Saturday Junior Squads
From Saturday 1st August Myles will be running three Saturday morning sessions (9:30-10:30, 10:30-11:30, 11:30-12:30). These sessions will be open to a maximum of 12 juniors per session. Use of the clubhouse will be supervised.
All sessions must be pre booked and a pre attendance self-assessment for covid-19 must be taken by each junior. Juniors must bring their own racquets.
For further details and to book a session please contact Myles.
From Monday 3rd August the men’s and ladies’ group nights will be reinstated. Ladies’ group night will run from 6pm-9pm on Tuesday nights and is open to all our female members. Men’s group night will run from 6pm-9pm on Wednesdays and is open to all our male members.
Provision of Toilet Facilities
From Saturday 1st August access to the toilets will be available for both adult and junior members. Access to the clubhouse for juniors will be supervised during Saturday morning squads. All other areas of the clubhouse will remain closed until further notice.
All members are requested to adhere to the following guidance around access to these facilities and whilst precautions have been put in place members are reminded that they use the facilities at your own risk.
- Only one person to be in the clubhouse at any time.
- Please use hand sanitiser both on entering and exiting the clubhouse. Hand sanitiser will be available in the clubhouse entrance.
- Both toilets have soap and paper towels provided.
- Antibacterial wipes are provided in both toilets and we request that members wipe down any areas they have touched i.e. flushing, taps, door handles & locks and light switches.
- Please dispose of paper towels and wipes in the bins provided.
- Please take any other rubbish such as tennis balls and tubes, drinks containers, and food packaging home with you.
- If any juniors need to use the toilets when playing outside of the Saturday squad mornings we request that the parent/guardian wipe down touch points after their use.
- Please observe the signage provided.
If you do not wish to use the toilet facilities then please remember to bring your own hand sanitiser. For your safety and the safety of others please remember you must maintain social distancing.
The committee are regularly reviewing the situation and further updates will be provided when we receive further guidance.