A MESSAGE FROM THE CHAIR
Hi to All WTC Members & Tennis Players,
We hope that you and all your families are well in these difficult times.
Good News is that Tennis is back in Winterbourne! Please see latest News below.
- Membership Form Please see attached the Updated Membership Application Form 2020-21 vsn 2; note Two Columns .
LHS for brand New Members & RHS for Existing Members, renewing their Membership.
eg for Senior Member, £82 for a New Member & £80 for an existing member renewing their Membership
This is to take into account that our Existing Members lost the last week of the 2019-2020 Season when Courts locked down on Tuesday March 24, due to the HMG Corona-Virus Lockdown rules.
- Back to Tennis from Wed 13/5/20 with Social Distancing & C-V prevention guidelines – See WTC Club Poster attached, in line with LTA Guidance - see www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus
- WTC Members Only – all Players Play at their own Risk & must be paid up WTC Members with Application Form completed & signed & sent to Membership Secretary by email or direct post.
- WTC Members can play Singles Only unless it is Family Households who can play together both Singles and Doubles
- All Social Distancing & C-V prevention rules must be used at the Club. These include rules given from LTA.
- Members must stay Alert, use Social Distancing 2m, good hygiene, hand-washing & bring own hand sanitiser & towel .
- Our WTC Coaches can offer 1:1 coaching at this time using SD & other preventative measures; see WTC FB & contact Imed email@example.com
- Players must use their own rackets, kit & Balls (marked with name) & can only Serve & touch their own balls; must use racquet to return ball
- Players are to remain Outdoors & not to enter Clubhouse (except for WC & H&S), must not form groups, must remain apart SD 2m.
- No Spectators, and those waiting must sit/stand outside at least 2 m away from any other person.
- NB Any player or families should all stay at home for at least 14 days, if any one of the family has C-V symptoms of a new persistent cough and/or a temperature.
- These rules are subject to being updated at any time, in line with HMG & LTA new guidelines.
- Tennis Balls & Equipment
- All Players must play and serve with their own balls, clearly marked with full name. WTC will give each Player/Family a set of 4 balls as part of the membership Package. (Either ‘used’ Club balls or new balls when available)
- Kit, including racquets, Balls etc must Not be shared and Members are advised to sanitize or quarantine kit after play.
- The 3 Nets will be set to correct height in advance & left at this height so Members are not required to do this. (Action Imed/Joan/Dave)
- Imed has ordered a large batch of Balls which should arrive by next week.
Tomorrow, 13/5/20, there will be the usual Ladies Tennis Wed morning session Singles, 10-12 tomorrow morning and Wed Club Night Singles 7-9:30pm .
Weather looks dry for tomorrow so hope to see you on Court at Ladies tennis or Club night tomorrow normal time.
Happy Tennis to All J
Chair WTC - on behalf of the WTC Committee
Playing Tennis During Lockdown in England with SD (Social Distancing)
- All Players MUST be WTC Members (*Guests will be invited to join as ‘Summer Members’, reduced Fee; normal Guest policy will return after C-V is over)
- Stay Outside, Singles only, max 2 People/Court (unless players are all from same household); Clubhouse shut (except for WC & H&S)
- Only Handle your own racket & personal (marked ) balls
- Only 1:1 Coaching permitted
- Avoid changing ends (or change at opposite sides of Net)
- Book Courts by Phone Imed (07459 636436) or Joan (077259 54639)
- If turning up ‘on spec’ to Play, please wait Outside with SD until a Court is available;.
- When Members are waiting, please observe normal Club Protocol & play only 7 games & then swap to ensure fair play for all.
- Maintain SD (2m) at all times.
- Follow public health guidelines for hygiene; bring own towel & hand-sanitiser;
- Do Not play if you are self-isolating.