Job Title: Duty Manager
Responsible to: General Manager
The Duty Manager is responsible for ensuring that all users of the centre have an enjoyable, pleasant and safe experience.
Main duties and responsibilities:
This is a varied role that requires excellent customer service and attention to detail. Whilst on shift the Duty Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of reception duties, preparing and serving food, serving drinks, ensuring health and safety and security procedures are followed, maintaining tidiness and cleanliness, managing centre assistants and making the experience of using the Tennis Centre an enjoyable one for all.
Main duties include:
- Dealing with all general enquiries, either in person, via email or telephone or in any other form
- Offering a warm welcome to all visitors
- Taking bookings for all tennis related activities
- Processing bookings for other centre services, including room hire, birthday parties and other events
- Taking payments and handling all transactions
- Ensuring that all details and necessary information are prepared and provided for tennis and other activities – e.g. registers
- Maintaining reception and surrounding areas to offer a welcoming and attractive environment for all customers
- Ensuring the Centre is a safe and inclusive place for all
Bar and snack area
- Serving food and drinks
- Preparing and serving food when required
- Undertaking regular cleanliness and hygiene checks and ensuring that the bar, snack area and kitchen are clean and tidy
- Serving customers and processing all transactions
- Adhering to the set rules and procedures of the kitchen, and maintaining all relevant food and hygiene qualifications
- Ensuring cleanliness and tidiness of the centre, including communal seating areas, conservatory and other spaces
- Assisting with court cleaning when necessary
- Preparing the centre for any major events or functions
- Regular administrative duties as required
- Undertaking all necessary duties as part of the opening and closing procedures, including specific cleaning duties and end of day recordings
- Opening and closing the building in a safe and secure manner
- Managing centre assistants on duty and assisting them with tasks where required
The Duty Manager operates as the most senior member of front of house staff when on duty.
They have delegated responsibility for Centre Assistants on shift, and are ultimately responsible for all front of house activity at the Centre including customer service, retail and hospitality.
The Duty Manager reports into the General Manager who also operates as their line manager.
Hours and salary
Initially 16 hours average per week, including weekend and evenings. Rate of pay is £7.93 an hour.
How to apply
Please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors: Wrexham Tennis Centre
Wrexham Tennis Centre is looking for enthusiastic and dynamic individuals to join the Board of Directors/Trustees in developing all aspects of its strategy, governance and management.
The Centre, which is the biggest in Wales is a Community Indoor Tennis Centre, supported by the local authority, Sport Wales, the LTA and Tennis Wales. It is run by a charitable limited company with a volunteer Board currently of 5 Directors/Trustees, most of whom have been involved with the Centre since before it opened in 1990. We want to strengthen the team by bringing in new blood, new skills and knowledge and fresh ideas and enabling some of our longstanding members to stand down. We are looking particularly for people who can offer skills, knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas:
Safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
Financial management and accounting
Human Resources and Employment Law
Advertising and Marketing
PR and communications
You do not have to be a tennis player, but a keen interest in community sport would be an advantage. As importantly, we are looking for people who would be able to demonstrate a commitment to the Centre and its ethos, aims and objectives and who are passionate about working with other Directors and the staff team to ensure its long term success.
Trustees would need to attend monthly Director’s meetings as well as occasional ad hoc contact internally and externally on matters related to their individual responsibilities. Additionally they will be asked to contribute to decision-making and strategy and policy development outside formal meetings. They should be able to establish a profile within the Centre by getting to know staff and coaches and attending some of our major events.
There is no remuneration, but you would have the satisfaction of being part of ensuring that we continue to provide and improve our fantastic facility and to create opportunities for everyone in the community to participate in tennis and to love the game.
If you are interested in this role, or indeed in helping us in other ways, please send your CV to us at email@example.com
Vacancies for Centre Assistant
Applications are invited for the position of Centre Assistant at Wrexham Tennis Centre on Plas Coch Road, Wrexham.
The role of the centre assistant is to provide a service to all customers of the Centre including reception duties, preparing and serving food, serving drinks, ensuring health and safety and security procedures are followed, maintaining tidiness and cleanliness and making the experience of using the Tennis Centre an enjoyable one for all. A detailed job description is available from the address below.
The successful candidate will have a really positive attitude to customer service and will be self motivated and a good team player. No specific qualifications are required, although IT skills are essential and some experience in a customer facing role and of food preparation and cash handling, would be an advantage.
For the right person, preferably with an interest in tennis or sport in general there could be opportunities in the future to progress into a supervisory role.
Vacancies are available for a range of working patterns from 10 to 30 hours per week across our opening hours. The Centre is open every day and a shift system is operated to cover the hours from 7am to 10pm on weekdays and slightly shorter hours at weekends and bank holidays.
The rate of pay will depend on skills and experience. Holiday 28 days per annum (pro rata).
As the job includes serving alcoholic drinks in our licensed bar, candidates must be over 18 years of age.
For further information and an application form please contact Lucy Scott on firstname.lastname@example.org