Covid-19 Reopening Procedures
As of 23rd May, the tennis courts at Kett's Park will be reopened for use by members and the general public. Various restrictions are in place to keep you safe. Daily bookings limited to a maximum of 1 hour to ensure eqaulity of access.
BEFORE YOU PLAY
Arrange to play doubles only with people in your household or singles with a friend not from your household. Do not play if any of you:
- Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus
- Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Are a vulnerable individual. A vulnerable individual is an elderly individual and/or an individual with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma and those whose immune system is compromised such as by chemotherapy for cancer and other conditions requiring such therapy.
PREPARING TO PLAY
Protect against infections:
- Maintain Social Distancing of 2 meters at all times with people not from your household, especially on entering and leaving the courts.
- Please note there will be no building access on-site, including access to toilets.
- Use your own hand sanitiser before going to the court.
- Do not share racquets or any other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
- Use new balls and a new grip, if possible (and mark them).
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, nets, etc. if you can. Use a key or pen to enter your code into the keypad.
- Try to stay at least two metres apart from other players. Do not make physical contact with them (such as shaking hands or a high five).
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks or towels.
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent. Avoid using your hands to pick up the balls or wear protective gloves.
- Stay on your side of the court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- If a ball from another court comes to you, send it back with a kick or with your racquet.
- As Kett's Park is not manned at all time, please dial 999 in the case of an emergency.
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible, no later than your booked court time.
- Use your own hand sanitiser after coming off the court.
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place. No congregation after playing.
- All players should leave the facility immediately after play.
- If at any point you are tested postive for Covid-19 after using Kett's Park, please immediatly email us at email@example.com so that we can inform those that you may have come into contact with.
Although unlikely, it’s possible that a tennis ball can transmit the COVID-19 virus, as virtually any hard surface can transmit the disease. So here is an extra precaution you can take to keep safe when playing tennis:
- Open a can of tennis balls and mark them.
- Try to have a set of balls each, so when serving you can use one set and your partner the other set.
- Use your racquet head or feet to advance the ball to the other side of the court.