#coronavirus #covid19 update
Last update: Sunday 31 May
The LTA have released updated guidelines for players and venues that take effect from Monday 1st June.
We strongly urge all players to read the full guidance here:
How these restrictions play out for us, so we keep everyone safe, is laid out here. We kindly ask everyone to follow these.
BOOK A COURT BEFORE YOU PLAY
The booking system is easy to use. There are two ways you can access it:
- the booking page on our website
- your smart phone by downloading the app 'Booker' by ClubSpark
Either way, you will need your ClubSpark registration to access the booking system. If you do not already have a registration you will need to set up an account with ClubSpark. Any questions or problems with booking, contact Pascal: email@example.com
SINGLES OR DOUBLES ALLOWED WITH CLUB MEMBERS FROM OTHER HOUSEHOLDS
You are now permitted to play singles and doubles with people from different households provided you still follow the 2m rule as far as possible. Please note, you must all be members of the club.
The club has a duty of care to all our members so it is problematic if we have people playing who are not members. As a result, please do not bring people who are not members to play with you. If there's someone local you really want to play with, get them to join for £5 too.
- Stay at least 2m away from others at all times
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap at home, before and after playing
- Walk or bike to the courts where possible
- Bring and use hand sanitiser before touching any shared surfaces
- Players are not now required to use their own clearly marked tennis balls – however, if you choose to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing. Use alcohol gel if required.
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts where possible -use your racket/foot to return them
- Take your litter home with you
TO MINIMISE TOUCHING SHARED SURFACES
- The nets will be left at the correct height. Please don’t touch them
- The court gate latches will be tied open. Please leave all gates open
- The clubhouse will remain closed
- Please take and use gloves in case you need to sweep the courts
That is all for now. Enjoy some tennis! And no doubt there will be more changes so please keep an eye out for club communications.
Please ask if you have any questions or problems.