How To Earn A Permenant Band
Yellow or Green Band:
- 30 consecutive cross court forehands ***.
- For Senior Squad Class players this will need to be 30 consecutive cross court with balls landing deeper than the service line and rising through the base line.
- U10’s (Orange Ball) 30 consecutive cross court forehands inside the service box with a low to high action.
- 12 from 20 serves (using any grip).
- 100% attendance per term.
- 15 Box League matches (since 1st September 2017)
- Play a match for the Lisvane Team in 2018 season.
- Play an internal G6, G5, G4 event, 1 band per event.
- Exchange 3 Yellow or Green Bands for a Blue Band.
- 25 consecutive cross court backhands ***.
- For Squad Class players, 30 consecutive cross court backhands with ball landing deeper than the service line and rising through the base line.
- U10’s (Orange Ball) 25 consecutive backhands inside the service box with a low to high action ***.
- Play an external G5, G4, G3 event, 1 band per event.
- Complete 25 Internal Box League matches ***, from 1st September 2017.
- Exchange 3 Blue Bands for a Red Band.
- 15 from 20 serves with 2nd bounce past baseline ***. For squad class players this will need to be 15/20 serves with a continental grip (chopper)
- 12 from 20 serves using a continental grip *** (orange & green ball players)
- Winning a Grade 5 Singles
- Winning a Grade 4 doubles
- Complete 50 Internal Box League matches from (1st September 2017)
- Exchange 3 Red Bands for a Black Band.
- Winning a grade 4 Singles.
- 21/28 serves with 7 from each category: 7 serves slice serves out wider than the trams on the deuce side, 7 flat serves down the T and rising past base line and 7 flat or kick serves landing outside singles court on the advantage side.
- Complete 100 Internal Box League matches (from 1st September 2017)
Bands Value & Exchange:
Daily bands = 1* point (MUST be returned after class, *points only valued during class)
Green/yellow Band = 3 points
Swap 3 yellow or green bands for a; Blue Band (9 points)
Swap 3 blue bands for a; Red Band (27 points)
Swap 3 red bands for a; Black Band (81 points)
*** = these tasks are prerequisites for squad class players. If you require some help with these the coaches will be happy to arrange extra lessons, if needed, to help your child achieve these tasks.
In September 2018 the players with the highest points (via bands) will have the oportunity to be selected to the Squad Classes and the Junior Squad Classes.
• Under no circumstances will lost or broken bands be replaced, however they can be exchanged when trading in for higher band.
• Please record the children's success when carrying out the above tasks or ask a coach to verify the completed task. Video preferred (and would be lovely to keep for the future)!