Return to squash during the pandemic
Wed, 18 Nov 2020 00:00
Under level 4 restrictions the squash courts will be closed.
Under Level 3 restrictions the squash courts will be open for restricted play in line with Scottish Squash and sportscotland updated guidelines. The full guidelines can be read here : Scottish Squash guidelines
Face coverings will be mandatory indoors for anyone entering the building, except children under 12 or people with a health exemption. Face coverings may be removed while taking part in indoor activity. Hands should be sanitised before entering the building. There is a sanitiser station at the front door. Our cleaning schedule has been increased such that all touchpoints in the club are cleaned every morning but thereafter we are relying on all of you to practice good hand hygiene to keep us all safe.
The squash courts will be open for :
1. solo practice
2. hitting with members of your own household
3. under 18s without restriction (supervised by one adult)
4. individual coaching with the coach following guidelines
Playing squash / racketball / table tennis procedure :
1. Courts must be booked online via ClubSpark prior to play. This is essential for tracking and tracing. The lead contact is responsible for keeping a note of who they are playing for track and trace.
2. Arrive ready to play no more than 5 minutes before your scheduled start time. No changing facilities or showers will be available.
3. Bring your own equipment including balls (and net for table tennis).
4. Bring your own water bottle pre-filled with water.
5. Sanitise your hands at the front door and put on a face covering before entering.
6. Make sure to keep a safe 2m distance from anyone else indoors.
7. Turn on the lights by putting coins in the meter (£1 for 44 minutes), and turn on the ventilation fan (switch below light meter).
8. Enjoy your on court session but avoid wiping your hands on the walls. Face coverings can be removed during activity.
9. Before leaving the building, turn off the fan and spray and wipe down the squash court door handles, the fan switch, any sweaty floor areas and the table tennis table if used. Spray bottles and paper towels are available outside each court. Bin the paper towel in the bin provided or you can use it to open the club front door on exiting and put it in the outside bin. If any spray gets on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water on your way out or bring your own disposable gloves to protect your hands. Leave the court door open when leaving to help with ventilation.
10. Put on your face covering and leave the building promptly taking all your belongings with you.
Squash court bookings will be staggered and changed to have a 30 minute buffer to help avoid meeting people entering and leaving the club at the same time, and to give the court time to replenish with fresh air.
The health and safety of our members, their families and the community as a whole, continues to be the priority and we would urge all of you to continue to adhere to the current public health guidance from the Scottish Government and our governing bodies.