Return to tennis during lockdown
Sun, 12 Jul 2020 00:00
We will be reopening the tennis courts on Friday 29th May. Some restrictions will be in place - please see more details below. We ask that all members read the Tennis Scotland guidelines before returning to play at the club.
Please do not attend the club if you are self-isolating or experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms.
Dunblane specific guidelines:
1. Avoid touching surfaces as far as possible, such as the net, fences or benches. The court entry gates will be permanently open so there is no need to touch them.
2. Play can be singles or doubles, maintaining 2m social distancing on court.
3. Courts will be open to members only and should be booked in advance via our ClubSpark booking system : https://clubspark.lta.org.uk/dunblaneltc/Booking or via the ClubSpark Booker app. If you have never used the online booking system before, this article will be helpful.
4. The booking system has been changed to have staggered start times and a 15-minute buffer between bookings. This should avoid people attempting to enter and leave a court at the same time. To help with this, please leave promptly at the end of your session.
5. Members will be able to book a session of up to 45 minutes each day. Initially, to allow for fair access, we ask members to sensibly limit their bookings per week as we have over 200 households who will probably all be keen to play. We will keep this under review over the coming weeks.
6. On court, normal social distancing rules apply so you should remain at least 2m away from any person not in your household at all times. If changing ends, agree to use separate sides of the net.
7. Tennis balls can be shared with your playing partners but please remember to practice good hand hygiene before and after play. If a ball ends up on your court from another court, use your foot or racket to pass the ball back.
8. The clubhouse toilets inside the changing rooms will be available from 13th July. Use the hand sanitiser by the door before entering the club and wash hands with soap and water after. No other areas of the club are currently open except for coaches and cleaners.
9. Mini junior members (under 11s) should be accompanied by an adult at all times.
10. If using the mini courts, please use common sense to keep your 2m distance from others arriving at and leaving the main courts.
As more guidance from the Scottish Government and Tennis Scotland is released, we will update and modify these guidelines.