Dunfermline Tennis Club is the oldest club in Scotland still in existence on its original site. In 1879 two grass courts were marked out in the grounds of Bothwell Linen Works where the two present single artificial grass courts are today. There was also a small wooden clubhouse facing south over the courts. Three red blaes courts were laid in 1924 where the three Tiger Turf courts are today. A farsighted committee bought ground for the Club from the mill liquidators in 1933.
After the Second World War, during which time the courts had been used by the army, three 'Grey Griselda' (clay) courts and a new clubhouse were opened in 1949. That clubhouse, extended by members’ own labour in 1971, was destroyed by fire in 1974. After a huge fund raising effort the present clubhouse was completed in 1978. In order to finance the upkeep of the new clubhouse, Dunfermline Bridge Club, who were then looking for new premises, joined up with the Tennis Club.
The first artificial grass court was laid in 1987 (re-carpeted in 2002), the second in 1995. The Kids Zone was added in 2000. Floodlit artificial clay courts (Classic Clay) were installed in 2006 replacing the 1949 Grey Griselda courts. The two single courts were resurfaced in 2012 and the Classic Clay courts were resurfaced in 2014 making all five courts the same artificial grass surface, namely Tiger Turf Advantage Pro.