Encore! Tennis aims to create an enjoyable environment for all juniors who wish to take part in tennis and other social activities at all of our venues.
- We believe that children and young people have the right to be safe, secure and free from threat.
- We believe that young people have the right to be treated with respect, and to have their concerns listened to and acted upon.
- We will ensure that the club provides for the needs of juniors through specific programmes, designated facilities, and safe practice.
- We have procedures in place to address poor practice, and to help any young person who appears to be at risk, or who appears to be the victim of abuse. We will offer help and support when a child or young person tells us that they are affected by these issues.
- We will take steps to ensure that any volunteers or professionals working with children are suitable to do so, through the use of references and background checks. We will ensure that all relevant people have been vetted and approved through the LTA’s Criminal Record Bureau disclosure process.
- We will ensure that all of those working with children are made aware of the LTA code of conduct for people working with children in tennis, and are required to follow it.
- This venue has an adult member who is specifically responsible for children, young people and child protection: This person’s name is: Jimmy Smith. He can be contacted on 07966210692