For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") and UK data protection laws, the controller is Encore! Tennis (the “Coaching Provider”)
About this document
How we collect your information
We may collect your personal data in a few limited ways, namely:
- Directly from you, when you register on ClubSpark, when you make enquiries on our website, or via e-mail, when you provide information via ClubSpark or Richmond Borough Council’s court booking system, or when you interact with us during your time as a member in various other ways (for example, where you enter a competition, renew your membership, sign up for a course or lessons);
- From the LTA (for example, where the LTA passes on your details to us in connection with a complaint or query you have raised about one of our Venues or via TTP for LTA sanctioned tournaments).
The types of information we collect
We may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Contact and communications information, including your contact details (including email address(es), telephone numbers and postal address(es) and records of communications and interactions we have had with you);
- Financial information, including Direct Debit details;
- Certain other information which you volunteer when making use of your membership benefits or user benefits (for example, when making court bookings or making use of other Venue facilities).
We may also collect data about your health or medical conditions, where you have volunteered this, for example so that we can cater for you when you attend a Venue social event or a course/camp.
How we use personal data
Personal data provided to us will be used for the purposes set out at the time of collection and, where relevant, in accordance with any preferences you express.
More generally, we will use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administration of your Venue membership, including:
- informing you about court / facilities opening hours;
- Fulfillment or administration of orders for goods and services, including court bookings; (even though the contract for court bookings is between Richmond Borough Council and the court user).
- Administration of the Wimbledon ballot; where this is necessary for the performance of a contract (including any written terms and conditions relating to your membership or use of the Venue) with you;
- Research and statistical analysis about who is playing tennis in our Venues;
- Communication about our Venues’ activities that we think may be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (for example in increasing use of our Venues’ facilities and participation in the game generally);
- Promoting our Venues and promoting goods and services of third parties (for example, equipment suppliers, other operators of coaching courses, and organisers of tennis events) where we think this will be of interest to you;
where this is necessary for our legitimate interests (or the legitimate interests of a third party), and/or where we have your consent, as applicable.
Your marketing preferences
We will always respect your wishes in respect of what type of communications you want to receive from us and how you want to receive them. There are some communications, however, that we need to send you regardless of your marketing preferences in order for us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you as users of our Venues. Examples of these essential service communications are:
- Records of transactions, such as payment receipts or Direct Debit confirmations (as applicable).
- Membership or user related mailings, notices of formal meetings and information about venue closures and holiday opening hours.
You are in control of how we communicate with you. You can update your choices and/or your contact details by updating your profile and that of any children connected to your ClubSpark registration on your ClubSpark user account. If you have difficulty doing so, you may contact us at:
Telephone: 07966 210 692
Email: [email protected]
Post: 61 Park Road, Hounslow, TW3 2HG
Sharing your information with others
We do not sell or share your personal data for other organisations to use other than as set out below.
Personal data collected and processed by us may be shared with the following third parties, where necessary:
- Our employees and volunteers, for the purposes of administering your Play Tennis Richmond membership and giving you access to the membership benefits to which you are entitled.
- Our contractors and suppliers, including coaches.
How long your information is kept
We keep your personal data only for as long as necessary for each purpose we use it. For most membership/Venue user data, this means we retain it for so long as you have a valid Venue membership and/or for a period of six years after your last interaction with us (for accounting, tax reporting and record-keeping purposes).
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. You can also withdraw your consent, where this is the basis for our processing your data (without affecting the lawfulness of our previous processing based on consent).
- Request the transfer of your personal data to another party.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
Contact and complaints
- by email: [email protected];
- by telephone: 07966 210 692;
- or by post: 61 Park Road, Hounslow, TW3 2HG.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk.
Updated April 2018