Weather Policy & Cancellation
In the event of poor weather conditions or extreme heat, a coached tennis session may be cancelled. The decision on whether to cancel a session for health and safety reasons will be taken by the Coach responsible for that session.
- Some sessions will go ahead in light rain. Others will not. Please assume in the first instance that all sessions will go ahead and bring suitable waterproof or cold weather clothes for the conditions.
- If the Coach decides that a session needs to be cancelled before the session begins, or before the end of 20 minutes into that session, a catch up session will be offered during the current term.
- Catch-Up sessions will be offered for missed classes due to poor weather please note that Re-funds can't be offered.
- In the event of such a cancellation, you will be contacted by email or text using the contact details you have provided to the ClubSpark booking service. Please ensure that these details are correct and please confirm receipt of the lesson cancellation on each occasion. (Coaches will contact everyone in the class at once and so will not be able to respond individually to texts, e-mails or calls querying the weather).
- Sometimes, decisions will be taken last minute, as the weather is so changeable. While we are always keen for sessions to go ahead, please respect that the health and safety of our players and coaches is our first consideration.
Any cancellation or no shows of private lessons or groups within 24 hours of the scheduled time will be charged at the full rate.
We will not be able to offer refunds due to absences, although if there are exceptional circumstances please let us know and we will be pleased to consider this.
For Tennis courses: The full course fee is payable in advance and we will give you a refund on the total cost if you have to cancel as long as we have one week’s notice.
If you are unable to continue with your course mid-way through, we will not be able to issue refunds. We will consider exceptional circumstances if you have had to withdraw near to the start of your course, in which case we would consider refunding some of the cost of the course.
If a session has to be cancelled due to poor weather or other unforeseen circumstances then alternative dates will be offered, (usually at the end of the course). If you are unable to attend these additional dates due to your own commitments we are unable to cater for individual circumstances and there will be no refund.
In the case that the coach is unable to take a session and it has to be cancelled due to sickness or other circumstances, an alternative date will be offered.