HLTC CLUB RULES / RESTRICTIONS DURING COVID-19
UPDATED - 03 October 2020
Following the Governments latest restrictions due to be enforced from Monday September 14th the LTA issued the following statement on 10 September 2020:
- "This version of the guidance has been updated to provide clarity after the Government confirmed that organised group tennis activity, currently permitted in line with LTA COVID-19 Secure guidelines, can continue to take place, both indoors and outdoors. For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of 6 people by law. Organised tennis for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is permitted by the Government as an exception to the limit of 6 and so can continue, provided that venues, coaching providers and event organisers follow LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines"
- We understand that people have a variety of views, however, we are inspected on the Government and LTA regulations and fined if we breach them. Many clubs have been closed or have been fined large sums, we do not want to be in that situation.
- For us to comply we need every member to do their part:
1. Social distance at all times (2 meters)
2. Sanitse your hands before and after you play tennis
3. When you arrive at the club go straight onto your court and leave directly afterwards.
4. Comply with the QR track and trace systems that are in place at the Club
- If you bring family members or guests to the Club to play please remember that you must continue to provide the Club Secretary, prior to their visit, with full details of their email address and telephone number so that they are recorded for Track and Trace purposes.
Free access to the Club is now available using the original gate code with the following provisos:
- During Peak Times please continue to enter through the Front gate and Exit via the Back gate.
- In quieter times you will be able to come and go using the Front gate only however you MUST ensure you allow ample space of 2 metres between you and other people and avoid a bottle neck at all times.
Please ensure all doors & both gates are locked if you are the last to leave the premises.
You are now also allowed to use 1 set of tennis balls if you wish. Please remember to avoid touching your face and to continue to sanitize your hands before and after play. Hand sanitizer is freely available at the Club.
TRACK & TRACE at HLTC - With the news advising us that restrictions will be tightened it is more important than ever that we have a full and 100% accurate Track and Trace system in place at the Club. Can we please therefore remind you again of the following:-
- You may not, under any circumstances, play unless you have previously booked a court or booked on to a Mix-In session.
- Please ensure you play on the court you've booked.
- If for whatever reason you cannot play, it is important you cancel your court booking online as soon as possible.
- The member who books the court MUST be one of the four (or pair) playing. You cannot book a court for someone else in your name. If there should be cases within our club we will come to you and ask you exactly who you were playing with. Unfortunately the ClubSpark system does not have the facility to enter the names of all players.
Anyone flouting these rules will be asked to leave. (Please note that the fines in place for clubs and individuals of £3000 per infraction and £1000 per individual are not created by HLTC but by the Government and have been enforced in Kent at several venues and Clubs).
Please check your emails or Facebook for up-to-date information.
Thank you for your continued responsible behaviour at this time. We are not 'back to normal' yet so whilst we appreciate it's tedious it saves lives - maybe yours!
The following guidelines STILL stand:
HLTC Members can log-in & book court time using the 'Courts' Tab above. The Club is open in accordance with the strict guidelines set by the Government and the LTA.
The conditions of play are as follows:
- The Pavilion is now open for floodlight access. Please note that only ONE person at a time is permitted inside.
- No off-court socialising before or after play.
- Use your own clearly marked tennis balls. If they stray onto other courts, simply kick the ball back or push it back with a racket. Please do not pick the balls up.
- Courts can only be booked online. You can play for a maximum of 90 minutes. Please leave the courts 5 minutes before your court time ends to assist with Social Distancing.
- You may not play more than one session per day.
- Nets will be set to the correct height and the winders removed.
- Coaching is now available for a maximum of 6 Adults & 1 Coach. For Juniors it's 15 players plus the Coaches at any one time.
- Should you have an accident the First Aid Box is in the outside toilet. First Aid will be administered by the Coaching Team, if present, at their discretion.
- Please bring your own full water bottle.
- The outside toilet will be open.
- Always ensure the 2 metre social distancing rule is observed.
- Only Members who have paid their subscriptions may have use of the courts.
Members must take responsibility for their own actions and we trust that you will respect the health of other Members by following the rules above.
Any infringement of these rules will be enforced by closure of the Club.
The situation is changing all the time. Please make sure you keep up to date by checking your emails, the website or our facebook page.
Please respect others and the Club Rules and stay within the guidelines. If you are within the vulnerable category, as defined by Public Health England, please adhere to the specific guidelines that apply to you.