BEFORE BOOKING AND USING THE ITC COURTS (FOR TENNIS ONLY) IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LATEST LTA AND GOVERNMENT GUIDELINES, PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION ON THE LINK BELOW WITH REFERENCE TO VENUES AND PLAYERS
RULES FOR THE USE OF THE ILMINGTON MULTI SPORT FACILITY
1. Both courts are suitable for tennis. Court 1 (nearest the pavilion) also has basketball hoops. Court 2 is also marked for five-a-side football and floorball. Football and floorball must not be played on Court 1. Hockey must not be played on either court as the wooden sticks can damage the carpet.
2. All users of the courts must either be: a member of Ilmington Tennis club (ITC), a member of an outside group (See rule 4), or a paying visitor. All booking information is on the web site www.imsf.co.uk. ITC members’ guests can play only 4 sessions a year before membership is obligatory.
3. The LTA (Lawn Tennis Association) covers ITC members for public liability when playing tennis but ITC does not accept liability for any accident or injury caused whilst members, adults or children, use the premises or facilities. Parents are advised that ITC does not provide any supervision of youngsters or children whilst they are using the facilities. It is the responsibility of parents or adult individuals to supervise the safe use of the facilities when children are present. No ITC members under 16 may book a court after 6pm unless the court is available (i.e. not booked by a senior member) 45 minutes before the hour required.
4. Non ITC member organised clubs must have their own public liability insurance agreement in place and must sign an Ilmington Multi Sport Facility (IMSF) contract before playing. Non ITC members, whether individual or casual group players, when courts are booked and paid for, are covered by Ilmington Parish Council for public liability.
5. ITC members who use the courts for any activity other than Tennis are not covered by ITC insurance and therefore must book and pay for an alternative sport.
6. ITC has priority for block booking Club sessions, coaching and league matches.
7. ITC members must reserve court time by using the online booking facility, available at www.imsf.co.uk Only sessions of one hour per day can be pre-booked.
8. Courts are open from 8am to 10pm. To avoid confusion, the court clock will determine the start and finish of each booking. Courts can be unlocked using the lock code number. The numbers may be changed at any time at the discretion of the ITC Committee. The number will be disclosed on membership receipt. The code numbers must be jumbled after re-locking the court after play. Do not disclose the code number under any circumstances to non-members. Once the gate lock code number has been sent to a member, the number can only be obtained again by applying via email to firstname.lastname@example.org The number will not be given out by any committee member by telephone or any other means.
9. Floodlights - The combination lock number will be disclosed on purchase of tokens. One token gives 1 hour of light use. If the lights are already in operation, it is important to insert the token (or tokens) before they extinguish. This is essential to keep continuity of lighting, otherwise when the lights are hot there will be a delay of a minimum of 15 minutes before they will reignite.
10. Only sports shoes or trainers should be worn on court. No studded boots may be worn. Ensure that the soles of shoes are clean and that no mud or stones are carried onto the courts. No chewing gum, dogs or bicycles are allowed on the courts. No rubbish is to be left on the court and smoking/vaping is not allowed.
11. When playing sports other than tennis, players must take down the tennis nets prior to play and install the post-hole covers provided. It is the responsibility of players to replace the tennis net properly after play. The nets and posts should be carried across the courts and not dragged.
12. Anyone who abuses the courts, equipment or any part of the facility in any way, or does not pay the appropriate fee will be suspended or banned from the courts by the agreement of the ITC committee.
13. ITC Membership subscriptions run annually from 1st March. Anyone joining during the membership year will be charged pro rata to the end of that year. Once membership has expired, the online court booking system will not permit court bookings.
14. Members and volunteer non-members are allowed to take a role in running the club subject to the consent of the committee.
15. Any changes to these rules may only be executed by the ITC Committee.
Please ADHERE TO and DO NOT ABUSE the Rules of the Club in any respect.
The success of the Club depends on the cooperation and goodwill of its members.