18 and over starts from 8th of APRIL 2019
- With title Single Ladder email Name, Tel and Email with any comments (best times etc) to Letcombe Tennis Club (this may take a few days to be added to the spread sheet).
- You will at the end of March be sent an excell sheet to see who is on the ladder , keep youir scores and then please immediatly start to contact the other players to mutually arrange and book 2 hours court time to play.
- Following a match the winner adds the points against both initials and texts to Geoff on 07772518938. (Suggest you print off the 2 excel sheets and record scores)
- Entry closes on the 1st of May, matches must all be played by end of October.
- Matches are self-umpired and should be conducted in the spirit of fair play.
- Matches will be the best of three tie-break sets ( if time is short by mutual agreement prior to start it could be agreed to play a short sets to 4 games, or at 1 set each you could agree to play a ten point match tiebreak in lieu of a third set)
- You get 1 point for every set you win (ie two points for a win), you both receive an additional point for completing a match. Players play their opponents once only each round.
- The player with the most points at the end wins the group.
- If two or more players tie with the most points, the player who beat the other during that round wins.
- Please note, we don't offer compensatory points for matches not played (even though it is no fault of the challenger). The idea is always to put the emphasis on matches played, which always count toward points even if one or other of the players later withdraws from the round. This is because we want to reward players who play matches and if we subsequently removed points (or gave free points to other players) it would undermine that effort. Scheduling skill and a bit of luck (good or ill) will play its part in the round. Over the period of a round there can be many reasons why certain matches don't happen and this is a hazard of this sort of tournament.
- The more proactive you are, the more likely you are to get your matches in! Email your opponents straight away, reply to their emails (even if it is to say you can't play) and don't be afraid to phone
- You call the balls on your side of the court
- If you are uncertain, your opponent gets the benefit of the doubt and the ball is in
- Don't replay a point unless play has been interrupted by a third party
- The server keeps score
If a player cannot agree any of 5 reasonable dates and times offered, you must state that you are claiming a walkover.
If a player retires injured, unwell or for any other reason that constitutes a retirement, he or she loses the match
If a player does not turn up at the agreed time, or is more than half an hour late, the other player can claim a walkover and receive 2 points or the match can be re-scheduled.
If a player wants to reschedule a match he or she must give his or her opponent a minimum of 24 hours notice.
If it rains before the match starts, the whole match may be re-scheduled. (always contact your opponent and get a reply).
If it rains during the match... or court conditions deteriorate either player may decide to call a halt to the match, but the match must still be completed later. Matches should be re-started with whatever the score was when play stopped. The idea is that you will be playing with people of a similar standard whatever gender at a time mutually agreed.