Pentyrch Lawn Tennis Club
Pentyrch Lawn Tennis Club is a very friendly club and part of a thriving sporting centre located in a small picturesque village approximately 7 miles north of Cardiff.
Facilities include three floodlit hard courts and a clubhouse. They welcome new members of any age and ability and have mens and ladies teams competing in the local South Wales leagues throughout the year. They also organise and host social events to which anyone is welcome to attend.
Our junior group squads run year round, following our coaching terms (39 weeks per year, following school terms but with a shortened 4-week summer break and lengthened 4-week Christmas break). Split by both age and standard, they follow the Tennis Squad curriculum, ensuring that over a calendar year all participants will be taught every stroke and game tactic relative to their level. We aim to combine structured teaching with plenty of games and activities to develop all-round physical literacy.
Step 1: Choose your suitable session from the timetable below
|Typically Plays||1-2 times per week, plays for fun including occasional club & social events.||2-3 times per week, competing in local-level teams and tournaments.||3+ times per week, competing in external tournaments / senior teams.|
(School Yrs 1-3)
|Mon 4pm||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions|
(School Yrs 4-5) OR Orange-rated
|Mon 4.45pm||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions|
|Green (School Yrs 5-6) OR Green rated||Mon 4.45pm||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions|
|Yellow Ball |
(School Yrs 6-13)
|Mon 5.30pm||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant sessions||N/A. Please ask about Penarth/Llantrisant|
Step 2: Email us on email@example.com to enquire on space / book a free trial week:
- Player Name
- Session/s Attention
- Date of Birth (if Under 18)
- Contact mobile number
- eMail Address
- Any relevant medical notes
Step 3: JOIN THE CLUB* for a coaching discount and court use, and then Enrol via our Direct Debit System to pay your (separate) coaching fees. Sessions run 39 weeks per year, following our coaching terms. Our monthly fees cover the cost of 35 weeks fees, split into 12 average payments (we include 4 weeks free in case of rain).
*membership is not compulsory, there is just an additional charge for visitors.
Step 4: Stay Informed:
Join our Pentyrch Coaching Updates Facebook Group. This is where we post weather updates.
Sign up online for our newsletters and social media pages too.
Step 5: Read our Terms and Conditions:
- All sessions last 45 minutes unless stated.
- Coaching fees include 4-weeks free in case of rain (we notify players through the club Facebook page and groups).
- Non-members may try 1 term as a guest before being required to join the club in order to continue.
- Should you ever want to adjust your Direct Debit, email us before 24th of any month. No refunds can be given.
- As part of the Club’s rules and to meet current legislation, we require your consent for a number of matters whilst your child is in our care. Please read the following carefully and understand that by signing up for any of our coaching courses, you agree to these points. 1. To allow my child to take part in the tennis programme. 2. To permit photographs or video of my child to be taken during coaching or match activities (if published, they will appear without contact details, in line with current guidelines). If you do not give consent for photography, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or speak to any of the coaches. 3. For the administration of emergency injury treatment in the event that my consent cannot be obtained at the time of the injury and where the injury is considered life threatening or requiring immediate treatment. 4. For my child’s personal data to be stored on database in line with Data Protection regulations. 5. That I agree with the club’s terms and conditions for non-members (if not already a member) which are available in the clubhouse.
- Holiday Camps. Join us in the school break for a morning/day full of tennis games and activities. Find out more...
- Drop-In Sessions & Short Courses. These seasonal offerings are a great way to dip your toes into the game. See our Club Facebook page for the latest sessions on offer.
- Private Lessons. Bespoke tuition for your tennis needs. Sessions are available with Level 3 Coaches Chris George and Graham North. Contact Us for more information.
Find out more / join the club: