Tue, 15 Sep 2020 00:00
As of mid-September, the current guidelines for the continuation of tennis from the LTA states:
- Organised tennis activity for larger groups, including coached sessions, club nights and competitions is permitted by the Government as an exception to the limit of six, and so can continue, provided that venues, coaching providers and event organisers follow LTA COVID-19 secure guidelines
- For informal social play, group size is limited to a maximum of six people by law
What this means for us
- Our lessons can continue in their current format
- Everyone, including non-players, attending the tennis club must wash their hands on the way into the club and again on their way out
- Off court, non-players must observe the rule of 6 – this is vitally important, and especially so with young children not playing. They will need to be kept within your bubble of up to 6 people. This is the law.
Please help us by following the rules. This will help keep everyone safe, control the virus, and allow us to keep providing tennis lessons.
If you have any concerns or would like further clarification of the rules, please do contact me.