What we need
Westhill Tennis Club will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us in this form, unless otherwise stated.
When you register to book a court with Westhill Tennis Club, we will ask you for the following personal information:
- contact details – name, address, phone numbers, email address, and emergency contact information;
- category – date of birth
- equality information – gender identity
- financial information – debit or credit card details or direct debit information.
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect personal information of persons booking a court so that we can manage your booking. We will use your personal information to:
- set up your online booking and administer your booking online; and
- send you communications by post or email in relation to your booking, including but not limited to, booking confirmation, payment processing, refunds and cancellations.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to offer the above booking services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
- promote and encourage participation in the sport of tennis by monitoring interest in the use of our tennis courts.
- respond to and communicate with you regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of tennis. We will use your personal information to investigate your complaint, suspend bookings and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes. If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us on [email protected]. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a user of our courts.
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations.
Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland, and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with booking services. Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not booked a court with us for three years.
Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
- you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
- if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information;
- you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information for specific purposes; and if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
Any requests received by Westhill Tennis Club will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk