You must book a court to play at West Heaton unless you are participating in an organised event - tournament, coaching etc. Please read the important information below then click on the tabs above (or the 'more' icon top right on mobile) to access the How to Guide and to book a court. If you have any queries, or experience a problem using this website, please contact the club directly by email: [email protected]
Non-playing guests and those staying to use the bar should sign-in on the sheets under the awning or scan the Test & Trace posters which can be found on the doors to the clubhouse. We are required to record, for 21 days, all those on-site to assist NHS Test & Trace.
Court Reservation Allowances
- Each tennis member will be limited to two reservations in a 7 day period
If you try to book more than your allowance, the system will tell you - it will not show a confirmation page, nor will you receive a confirmation email.
If you use up your allowance, the next earliest time you can book will be exactly a week after (ie. the same day a week ahead) of your penultimate booking.
For example: If you book Saturday and Monday, the next time you can book will be the following Saturday.
Please note: Your past bookings will not be shown in your list of bookings, but they DO count toward the 2 in 7 day limit. Please make a note of your own bookings so that you can work out when you will next be able to book.
- Each reservation can be up to 2hrs in total (in increments of 30mins) except for under 15s whose allocation is up to 1hr.
- Members can only reserve courts up to 7 days in advance and bookings open from 6pm each day
- Courts will be reserved for coaches where necessary, these bookings will be clearly marked on the calendar
- Courts can be booked between 7.30am and 10.00pm
- Toilets (cleaned daily) are available in the changing block and can be accessed using a card key. Card keys are available by contacting Helen Barker on 07946 754059. The disabled toilet will also be available when coaches are on site. The clubhouse and changing facilities will remain closed until further notice.
- Please try not to leave 30mins gaps in the bookings. Where this occurs you may be contacted and asked if you can change your time to fit in other bookings
Note: There may be occasions when the session immediately after yours has not been reserved - if this is the case, and you wish to play for longer, you may continue to play on the court provided that you first check the reservation calendar to confirm it has not been booked.
Ongoing Safe Play Guidance and Etiquette
- Always pre-book a court. At the start of your session, please allow the previous players to leave before going on court. You should wait away from the gates, on the patio (for Courts 1,2,4,5&6) or in the car park (for Court 3) so as to maintain a 2m distance
- Lightboxes are available in the changing block and can be accessed using a card key. Light tokens and card keys are available by contacting Helen Barker on 07946 754059.
- Please do not congregate on or around the courts before and after play
- You should not come to the club in groups of more than six unless you are attending organised social tennis (Wednesday evening & Sunday afternoon), a coached session or a club tournament or match.
- You should limit your interaction with players on another court or in a different coaching group
- Please bring your own water and take any bottles away with you
- Hand sanitiser is available near the entrances to the courts and should be used before and after play plus after touching any court gates, water taps, fences, benches, etc. Spray and disposable gloves for cleaning gate handles etc., if required, is available under the awning.
- Leave all gates to the courts open
- Do not adjust the net heights
- Use your own equipment where possible. Equipment such as rackets can be shared, but where this happens ensure thorough cleaning before and after use. Players should not share items such as towels
- If you are using shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before and after play. Please take all used balls off the courts.
- If you need to send a ball back to another court, use your foot, or racket
- You should not shake hands, touch elbows etc. at the end of a game.
- Maintain the 2m social distancing rule at all times, both on and off court and please do not chase down a ball if it means you have to stray on to the adjacent court
- Follow public health guidelines regarding hygiene
- Do not play if you are self-isolating or feeling unwell. If you have played and then develop symptoms of COVID-19, please follow the Government’s ‘test and trace’ guidelines, which can be read on the Gov.uk website.
- Spectators are not allowed and only one parent/carer should attend a junior coaching session.
- Non-playing visitors should sign-in on the sheets under the awning or scan the Test & Trace posters which can be found on the doors to the clubhouse. We are required to record, for 21 days, all those on-site to assist NHS Test & Trace. Information from the booking system will be used to contact playing members, if necessary.
You can find the latest information about what our coaches can offer by visiting the Coach Sessions page.