Clubhouse is closed
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 00:00
The Chief Minister at 4pm today announced a range of further restrictions and measures to help protect the community and reduce the spread of COVID-19. This includes instructions for all gyms, fitness centres, bars, restaurants, cinemas and theatres to close.
In the light of this we have reviewed the latest advice from the LTA in relation to tennis clubs. The UK Government have currently indicated that physical exercise that takes place at a safe distance from others and in safe exercise environments is something that can continue at this time. The current Government guidance states you can exercise outdoors if you stay more that 2 metres away from others.
We therefore provide the following additional notices and advice to members:
1) The Clubhouse is now closed to all members until advised otherwise. This includes the toilets and changing rooms. Members who have keys to the clubhouse must not use them without permission from a Committee member.
2) Individual coaching is suspended for a period of 14 days and will be reviewed thereafter.
3) Members may continue to use the courts, subject to the following:
- Strict 2 metre distance between players must be maintained at all times
- Do not make contact with other players
- Maximum or 4 persons are allowed in a court enclosure at any one time
- Players are advised not to change ends during play
- Players should wash hand thoroughly before and after play
- Please use alcohol wipes or soap to wipe down any surfaces that you touch
4) You must not visit the club if you are required to self-isolate for any reason or have any symptoms of Coronavirus.
5) Members over 70 or pregnant or with underlying health conditions are strongly advised to avoid all group gatherings and any close contact with others.
For further advice and information please visit https://www.gov.im/coronavirus as well as the UK Government or LTA website.
Take care and be safe.