RETURN TO MANAGED TENNIS PLAY - UPDATE 11-6-20
- Singles and Doubles - from Monday 1st June, doubles play was permitted with people from outside of your household, in addition to singles. Four people from different households can now play doubles. Social distancing rules remain. Full details on the guidelines for safe play can be found on the LTA's website
- Hand hygiene is imperative – use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface.
- Tennis Balls – You may prefer keep using marked tennis balls, however this is now not mandatory. If you choose to use shared tennis balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
- Coaching – Coached sessions can now be extended to small groups in addition to individual lessons - please contact Head Coach Manni for advice and details.
- Competitions – Some competition is permitted; a singles 'box/ladder' competition has been up and running for a few weeks since the resumption of tennis was allowed.
- Court booking - Registered members of the club can now book courts.
- Clubhouse - this remains closed but is under constant review. Please remember to take a drink, hand sanitizer, small first aid kit with you.
Club facilities (when club is allowed to be fully opened):
- 5 courts to play on: 2 carpet, 3 hard
- Floodlights on 4 courts to see in the dark
- Adult and junior coaching to get better at tennis;
- Practice sessions for team players to improve their matchplay
- Junior tennis camps to make friends and have fun;
- Lots of grounds to run around
- Clubhouse, licensed bar, table tennis, darts - to relax & socialise
- Social tennis & Fun tournaments to meet like-minded people
- Quiz nights to try and beat like-minded people
- Adult and Junior League teams to meet and play other clubs