***Following the Government's recent announcement on a second national lockdown, the tennis courts and clubhouse are now CLOSED until 2 Dec 2020***
Tier 2 Update from LTA, dated 21-10-20
Please follow link for updated guidelines on playing of tennis in each Tier:
RETURN TO MANAGED TENNIS PLAY - UPDATE 15-7-20
- Singles and Doubles - permitted with people from outside of your household. Four people from different households can play doubles. Social distancing rules remain. Full details on the guidelines for safe play can be found on the LTA's website
- Social Tennis is now allowed: Weds morning club time (10.00 - 12.00) will resume from 22 July 2020 - players can now turn up and join in without having to arrange fixed singles/fours in advance. Clubhouse will be open for access to toilets and kitchen. Sunday morning club time will resume from 23rd August (10am-12.00) and Tuesday Club night will resume from 25th August (7pm - latest 10pm).
- Hand hygiene is imperative – use alcohol gel to clean your hands after touching a shared surface.
- Tennis Balls – You may prefer keep using marked tennis balls, however this is now not mandatory. If you choose to use shared tennis balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play, and you should clean your hands before play and immediately after finishing (use alcohol gel if required).
- Coaching – Coached sessions can now be extended to small groups in addition to individual lessons - please contact Head Coach Manni for advice and details.
- Summer Tennis camps 2020: Manni is running tennis camps for juniors during the school holidays - please go to Tennis Camps on our website for details.
- Competitions – Some competition is permitted; singles 'box/ladder' leagues are running - new leagues start 1 August.
- Court booking - Registered members of the club can now book courts.
- Clubhouse - this remains closed for general use but is under constant review. Please remember to take a drink, hand sanitizer, small first aid kit with you.
- Middlesex Winter league matches now allowed! Good luck to the adult and junior teams for the 2020-2021 winter season.
Club facilities (when club is allowed to be fully opened):
- 5 courts to play on: 2 carpet, 3 hard
- Floodlights on 4 courts to see in the dark
- Adult and junior coaching to get better at tennis;
- Practice sessions for team players to improve their matchplay
- Junior tennis camps to make friends and have fun;
- Lots of grounds to run around
- Clubhouse, licensed bar, table tennis, darts - to relax & socialise
- Social tennis & Fun tournaments to meet like-minded people
- Quiz nights to try and beat like-minded people
- Adult and Junior League teams to meet and play other clubs