Meet the Hartlepool Tennis Club coaching team
Wed, 02 Oct 2019 00:00
Sunny Dimic is a LTA level 4 qualified Tennis coach with several years coaching experience. He was born in 1968 in Sombor, Serbia.
- He started to learn to play tennis when he was 10 years old.
- He become a full time player at the age of 12.
- He achieved the first significant result Under 14 when he became the county champion.
- Under 16 & Under 18, he was ranked in the top 20 in the country (known as Yugoslavia).
- Sunny played against Goran Ivanisevic and Slobodan Zivojinovic in his career.
- He coached for 5 years, on a part time basis, in his native club T.C. Zak Sombor.
- He started to work as a full time tennis coach at the David Lloyd Club Enfield in 1995. One year later on, he became the youngest tennis manager in the company.
- Next task was at the Chris Lane Tennis Centre, where he was in charge of the junior programme from 1998.
- He was the creator of “Twin Track” junior programme.
- He was the Head Coach at the Crawley LTC from 2002 for two years.
- His last job was at the Coombe Wood LTC, where he was the Head Coach for 14 years.
- He established his own junior tennis programme branding.
Sunny's Coaching Technique & Philosophy:
He is not keen on “empty” courts when coaching and likes using teaching aids on court. Coaching tips of the week is his “little” obsession on the club’s notice board. He likes to give handouts to his students as often as possible. He also does racquet re-stringing and is very passionate about it. Sunny, known as the “trouble shooter”, is a great asset to any tennis club in the UK. His aim is simple: “I want you to have enjoyment while playing better tennis” so he says.
- LTA Level 4 Tennis coach.
- LTA Tennis for Kids.
- First Aid & Safeguarding qualifications.
- He delivers a coaching programme for adult and juniors of all ages and abilities.
If you're interested in getting individual coaching off Sunny please contact him via the contact details below.