Policies & Welfare
We support safe and inclusive tennis
The club, along with the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA), strives to ensure that all children, young people and adults have an enjoyable tennis experience and are safeguarded from abuse.
Our welfare officer is responsible for creating a safe and inclusive venue for everyone. The role covers not only safeguarding but also equality, diversity and inclusion.
Email: [email protected]
Joy Ferguson is our deputy welfare officer.
From 1 October 2019, all LTA Registered Venues have been required to meet six safeguarding standards as part of their LTA Venue Registration. We are pleased that Caversham Lawn Tennis Club passed its safeguarding standards inspection in August 2020, so that you can be assured that the club is doing its best to make tennis safe and open for all.
For more information about these safeguarding standards you might like to look at the LTA information here:
- The club's safeguarding policy (updated 21/08/19)
- Diversity & Inclusion policy (updated 06/09/19)
- The role of our welfare officer (updated 16/11/20)
- Anti-bullying policy (updated 16/11/20)
- Use of changing rooms and showering facilities (updated 28/01/21)
- Recording and publishing images policy (updated 16/11/20)
- Safer recruitment policy (updated 28/01/21)
- Complaints policy (updated 28/01/21)
- Teams - fair selection policy (updated 09/03/21)
Report a concern via this link
Other useful forms
Consent and emergency contact form (for players participating in events)