T3 Travel restrictions update from Tennis Scotland
Mon, 23 Nov 2020 00:00
COVID-19 Update from Tennis Scotland
Measures to suppress the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in regards to outdoor exercise exemptions have been further clarified today.
Eleven local authorities moved into the highest protection level at 6pm Friday 20 November as efforts continue to suppress the incidence of in the weeks up to Christmas.
Regulations preventing people who live in a Level 3 or Level 4 area from travelling outside their local authority except for an essential purpose are also in force.
The changes to protection levels will remain in place for three weeks until Friday 11 December.
Details of local authority tiers can be found on the Scottish Government website here.
Full updated Tennis in Scotland guidelines can be found here.
Throughout this process, due to the diligence of tennis and padel venues, volunteers, members, players and coaches, tennis and padel outdoors remains available across all tiers. Thank you for your continued perseverance on this. Further to this l wanted to clarified the following for those in most affected areas Tier 3 and Tier 4 in particular regard to outdoor tennis.
- Social bubbles of up to 30 outdoor are still permitted for tennis activities (in-line with appropriate LTA ratios), this is an exemption to SG guidelines for the purposes of playing tennis. As soon as activity stops and players walk off court, SG COVID guidelines apply as relevant to your area.
- Clubhouses in T4 areas are to remain shut except for toilet, and floodlight control access %u2013 which have an exemption
- T3 Under 18yrs can travel to another T1/T2/T3 area freely to participate in outdoor tennis
- T3 Under 18yrs can travel to a T4 area for the purpose of outdoor tennis within a 5mile boundary of their own local authority area
- T3 18yrs and over can travel to any other area for the purpose of outdoor tennis within a 5 mile boundary of their local authority area
- T4 All ages can travel to any other area for the purpose of outdoor tennis within a 5 mile boundary of their local authority area
- Coaches/Officials and any tennis professional can travel for work throughout tiers
- Coach Education remains exempt, however candidates should only travel if essential to livelihood
Head of Participation & Development