Covid-19 precautions forTennis at Greenwood Park
Wed, 13 May 2020 00:00
In line with government guidelines the courts at Greenwood Park LTC will be open for members to play from Saturday 16th of May.
It is great that we will be able to return to the courts and it's up to all of us that we adhere with the guidelines set out by the LTA and Government.
At this time, only members will be permitted to use the courts, there will be no guests allowed at the moment, to make it easier to track who is using the courts. All players must be members, including parents playing with a junior member.
The club in conjunction with St Stephens Parish Council have decided that the public court ( court 5) will only be available to members, to also make it easier to monitor who is using it.
The gate to the public court will be kept locked, but the gates within the courts will be unlocked.
The clubhouse will be accessible, to use toilets and the floodlights. Remember to hand sanitise or wash your hands after using the keypad to get into the club.
This is a link to the LTA/Government guidelines to which members must adhere:
We would like to highlight some of them:
- Please wash your hands before you leave to come to the courts.
- Doubles play is only permitted between members of the same household.
- Singles play is allowed with a member outside of your household, but social distancing must be practised.
- If a ball from another court rolls onto your court, avoid using your hand. Kick or roll it back with your racket.
- There will be hand sanitiser on court (near the court 1 gate) for use when you enter and leave. You are advised to use only this gate, for access to all courts.
- All courts must be booked before coming to the club, this includes the kidzone.
- Only play with your own (marked) tennis balls.
- Coaching will be allowed, but only one-to-one lessons and where possible will take place on court 3.
What happens next?
Previous members will receive an email from Clubspark inviting you to re-join the club. Please only join if you are happy to comply with the Covid-19 restrictions.
Non members may join via the website membership page.
When you join you will receive a confirmation email from Clubspark. Please read - it contains details of how to get the Club access codes.
If you have any questions please email the club at email@example.com