COURTS UPDATE 22 February 2021
Outdoor tennis courts will be able to open from 29 March. This will mean recreational tennis will be able to resume, including singles and doubles social play, 1:1 coaching and formally organised activity for groups, including group coaching (maximum group size and court ratios subject to confirmation)
See full LTA guidance here
- Singles and doubles allowed within the RULE OF 6
- All courts must be pre-booked on-line, you may not just turn up and play.
- Social distancing measures must be adhered to, Aim to remain at at least 2m away from anyone you encounter on site, especially on entering and leaving the courts. Do not congregate on or around the courts.
- Players no longer need to use their own marked balls. However, if you use shared balls, try to avoid touching your face during play and hands should be cleaned or sanitised immediately before and after playing. Players should avoid chasing wayward balls onto another court if other players are using it and avoid handling balls from another court.
- Bring your own water bottle and other equipment and wipe both down after use.
- Where possible, avoid touching the nets, gates, fences, etc. with your bare hands.
- If you are using the courts, you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for washing your hands before and after playing on the courts. You are advised to bring your own cleaning wipes.
- Please wipe down the lock and gate latch before and after entering and leaving the court
- Keep the gate clear at all times, again maintaining a 2 meter distance between yourself and any other arriving/departing players.
Once again, please ensure that you follow these rules as closely as possible, as it would be a great shame if we were forced to close the courts again, due to breaches of social distancing laws.
Please see the LTA website for fuller guidance :
To book a court click here