Listed below are the recommendations from the LTA for players to stay safe and you should adhere to these when playing. The Club’s main concern is not only to keep you safe during these uncertain times but also for you to enjoy playing.
Please read the Guidance below:
- Wash hands before leaving home and after your return or use an alcohol sanitiser if washing hands is not possible.
- Take a hand sanitiser to the court with you and ensure you clean your hands after touching a shared surface.
- If you need to sneeze and cough - do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
- Avoid touching your face.
- As a Club we do not recommend sharing equipment (the LTA now say you can providing items are cleaned) and players should not share items such as towels or drinks.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment including racquets and water bottles before and after use.
- Do not leave items on the court.
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court and ensure you leave the court before the end of the allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
- Avoid congregating on or around the court after playing in order to allow access to others.
- Stay at least two metres away from other players including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play.
- Do not make physical contact with other players i.e. shaking hands or high fives.
- For doubles, agree in advance which player will take the shot if a ball travels to the centre of the court.
- The LTA now say players do not need to use their own clearly marked tennis balls but if you decide to use shared balls then extra care must be taken to ensure you do not touch your face during play and you should clean your hands before and immediately after playing with sanitiser.
- Players should still avoid using their hands to pick up tennis balls from other courts - use your racquet/foot to return them.
- Where player supervision is required then the attending parent/guardian should remain off court and be limited to one player where possible with social distancing rules observed.
PLEASE - DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ALTER THE NET HEIGHT. THE WINDERS HAVE BEEN REMOVED AND THE NET HEIGHT IS PERIODICALLY CHECKED.
YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEND THE TENNIS CLUB IF:
- YOU HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO SELF-ISOLATE OR ARE PART OF A SELF-ISOLATING FAMILY
- YOU HAVE ANY COVID 19 SYMPTOMS OF A PERSISTENT COUGH OR HIGH TEMPERATURE
IT IS STRONGLY ADVISED TO ONLY PLAY WITH MEMBERS OF YOUR OWN HOUSEHOLD IF:
- YOU ARE OVER 70 (REGARDLESS OF MEDICAL CONDITIONS)
- YOU HAVE A PRE-EXISTING CONDITION THAT MAKES YOU VULNERABLE TO COVID 19. THIS GROUP INCLUDES ASTHMATICS, COPD, HEART, KIDNEY AND LIVER DISEASES, DIABETICS AND PREGNANT WOMEN
*** REMEMBER TO KEEP SAFE AND STAY ALERT AT ALL TIMES ***
Previous statements on the Coronavirus and Covid 19 may be viewed here
We are based at Melbourne Sports Park on Cockshut Lane, Melbourne where we currently have three** floodlit courts and use of the recently built clubhouse and licensed bar.
We are a friendly club with a membership, widely ranging in age, ability and background. The club offers low cost introductory membership to all.
We provide a full programme of senior and junior level tennis with coaching, competitive play, tournament and social activities.
We welcome people of all ages and abilities. Whether you are looking to play league tennis, receive quality tuition from LTA qualified coaches or just want a friendly game with friends and family then why not come along and see the facilities for yourself? Not sure what to do or which session to go to then please contact the Buddy Team.
** The club is in the process of raising funds to build three new synthetic grass tennis courts - please see 'News' Tab above for progress updates.
Melbourne Tennis Club, Melbourne Sports Park Cockshut Lane, Melbourne DE73 8DG