xSport Tennis Academy
xSport joined us at Normandy Tennis Club in 2022. The team provides the perfect environment for all tennis players of all ages and abilities. Whether you are a beginner in our Red sessions, a pro player in our academy or an adult just keeping fit in our cardio sessions, we have something for you.
Our philosophy is always geared around long term athlete development. From your first session you will be working from the four pillars of tennis, Technique, Tactics, Physical and Mental. We try and follow a ‘learn to hit, learn to play, learn to win’ philosophy, with emphasis on each element bespoke to our players age, ability and aspirations.
Our programme has been designed using Toni Nadal and RPT Methodology. This is the system used in Spanish tennis academies that have helped develop thousands of professional tennis players over the past 30 years, including Rafael Nadal.
Operating since 2002, xSport has a strong client base both in the UK and Internationally. xSport has been a market leader in delivering and maintaining first class coaching within schools and communities. xSport has created partnerships with some of the worlds most promising coaches and clubs to develop a sports coaching program which is at the cutting edge of player development.
Private & Group Lessons
We offer weekly private lessons for individuals or small groups. Please click here for private lessons.
Timetable for Summer 2022
- Ladies Coffee Morning (09:30-11:00)
- Doubles Matchplay (10:00-11:30)
- Cardio Tennis (09:30-10:30)
- Red ball - 5-7 years old (09:00-10:00)
- Orange ball - 8-10 years old (10:00-11:00)
- Yellow ball girls - 11+ years old (12:00-13:00)
- Yellow ball boys - 11+ years old (13:00-14:00)
About Mark Taylor, our head coach
- RPT European Professional Coach
- RPT National Professional Coach
- LTA Level 5 and Licensed Coach
- PTR Qualified
- Former Professional Player - Top 10 UK and Top 4 in Southern Spain
- Former Head Pro at Wentworth Tennis and Health Club, Sheen Lawn Tennis Club and ACS International School.
- Former Surrey County Coach and Mexican Tennis Federation Coach.
- Former coach to ITF Junior players with Top 100, 2 UK National Champions, Regional and County Cup Champions.
- Coached players ranging from international to beginner standard, including Junior US Open Champions.