Orchard Lawn Tennis Club will be reopening on the 29th of March 2021.
Once again we will be doing everything we can to ensure we run a Covid-19 secure venue. Our risk assessment has been updated and we have reinstated a daily clean of common touch-points, together with a more intensive weekly clean.
We would like to remind you of the following key points when attending the club:
- Do not attend if you may be experiencing covid symptoms or you should be self isolating
- ALWAYS book a court (Full terms and procedure below)
- Follow LTA Player guidelines (LTA link is HERE)
- Rule of 6 applies, singles and doubles (Current LTA summary matrix is HERE)
- Arrive changed and ready for play
- Bring your own tennis balls (One set per court is fine)
- Bring your own water
- Observe social distancing before, during and after play
- Observe hand hygiene - use hand sanitisers on entrance and exit as a minimum
- Use clubhouse one at a time and for toilets, handwashing and first aid only
- No socialising - please go straight home after play
- No spectating
- One parent/carer supervising per child
- Visitors are permitted. The organising member is responsible for explanation of Covid 19 guidelines and will be the main point of contact for their visitors.
We are delighted that coaching will be re-starting after Easter; as this is an "organised activity" the numbers permitted are different. The coaches have their own risk assessments in place and will advise separately regarding their covid procedures as needed.
From this season the club has introduced a new booking system which allows members to book their own courts via the Clubspark Orchard Tennis Club system. All court bookings begin on the hour with a maximum booking time of 2 hours. To ensure we continue with our track and trace responsibilities you MUST book a court before attending the club. This court booking MUST include all members who are playing. Users can book up to three courts per week, availability permitting.
In order to use the new system you will need to be an LTA Advantage member (Previously British Tennis Member). If you are not already a member it is free to join and can be done through the LTA website www.lta.org.uk. Once you have accepted the email and set up your account you will be able to log into the clubspark booking system via the club website. You need to go to the court booking tab and click on the date and time of your booking. You will then need to fill in all members playing and confirm your booking. If you have any problems please send an email to [email protected].
The Committee look forward to seeing you on court very soon!