Junior Championships 2020
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 00:00
2020 will be the first year in many decades where the first week of the holidays hasnt been reserved for the junior section to spend their days playing matches, making friends and enjoying off-court fun.
However with the use of careful scheduling and modern technology we can still run some elements of the annual junior championships which we hope will still give everyone a fun experience and a chance to play some tennis!:
- Boys and Girls Singles events will run at 9&U Orange / 10U Green / 12,14,18&Under Yellow ball ages (Find your age group HERE, players can play up an age if they wish to but can only take part in one event in order to give us a manageable amount of matches to schedule and to share out opportunities to win the trophies).
- Matches will be played over 3 days 24th-26th July (we are including the weekend to give parents more opportunity to watch their children play). All entrants should be available for these 3 days and will be issued scheduled match times to come and play, then promptly leave after their game (further safety rules will be issued to all members involved). The number of days you will play on depends on our entry size.
- Match and draw formats will be adjusted based on the number of entries - but all ages will include a round-robin format to ensure equal opportunity for all.
- Entries should be made by emailing Rob W on [email protected] before Monday 20th July. There will be a small entry fee of £5 each to help cover our costs of providing marked tennis balls for every player and ensuring coach supervision for the duration of each day. These fees will be taken via your Tennis Squad coaching direct debit.
- An online awards ceremony will be held via Zoom on the evening of Sunday 27th July. All members in the junior section will be invited to join in as there will be some extra awards and mentions given to wrap up a rather peculiar summer season!
- The return of 2019 trophies and distribution to 2020 winners will take place later in the year.
The Junior Week is an event for ALL junior club members to join in! We have a broad range of juniors from those starting out and playing with for fun to others training quite seriously for external competitions. Where there may be games from which nobody will benefit, we will advise accordingly with possible options including not scheduling the match or arranging separate draws for newer players.