Welcome to Stratfield Mortimer Parish Council Tennis Courts
In line with the updated rules from H M Government the Stratfield Mortimer Tennis Courts will open to the public for restricted play on one court only from Saturday, 16th May 2020.
This will require vigilance from all players to adhere to the Government guidelines on social distancing and play tennis in a safe and responsible manner. Only two people are allowed on the court playing singles and doubles can only be placed with family members living in the same household.
Please note the following conditions for play on the tennis court.
PLAYERS GUIDE FOR TENNIS COURT USE:
- Maximum of two people on the court (singles play only). Players can be from different households
- If a group of four players are all from the same household they can play doubles
- Coached sessions should be limited to one to one coaching activity only
- Allow any players from the previous session to leave the court safely before you enter the court area
MAINTAIN SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Stay at least two metres away from other players at all times (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net
EQUIPMENT & FACILITIES
- Take hand sanitizer and/or wipes with you
- Wipe keypad before entering the court and when locking up after your session
- Use your own clearly marked tennis balls
- Take all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips, hats and towels)
- Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that are not yours - use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent.
- Avoid using other equipment such as courtside benches, net handles or court sweepers where possible
- Be aware that onsite facilities may not be open.
- Spectators are discouraged.
- Where attendance of a parent/guardian (non-participant) or a carer for a disabled player is required, it should be limited to one per player where possible, with social distancing strictly observed while watching the sessions (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play).
Based on LTA guidelines issued 12.05.2020
Stratfield Mortimer is located just south of Reading in West Berkshire.
The Fairground dominates the centre of the village and is where the two asphalt tennis courts are located (beside the Community Centre building).
The courts are open to the public for pay-and-play during daylight hours ONLY and are also used by Mortimer Tennis Club.
NOTE: Only FOUR playing members are allowed per court at any one time.
Please take care as the surface may be slippery in inclement weather.
Please note that the tennis courts are not flood lit and that there are no changing facilities on site.
The tennis courts are registered as a British Tennis Venue and comply with the standards as published by the LTA. Details can be found on our Policies page.
CURRENT TENNIS CHARGES:
£5.00 per court per hour
“It's no accident, I think, that tennis uses the language of life. Advantage, service, fault, break, love, the basic elements of tennis are those of everyday existence, because every match is a life in miniature. Even the structure of tennis, the way the pieces fit inside one another like Russian nesting dolls, mimics the structure of our days. Points become games become sets become tournaments, and it's all so tightly connected that any point can become the turning point. It reminds me of the way seconds become minutes become hours, and any hour can be our finest. Or darkest. It's our choice.”
― Andre Agassi
Stratfield Mortimer Parish Council can be contacted at:
27 Victoria Road (behind the library), Mortimer, Reading, Berkshire RG7 3SH
Telephone: 0118 933 1955
Please watch for announcements and look at our NEWS page
Book in 3 quick steps...
1. Check availability
View the online booking sheet to find your preferred time and court.
2. Choose a session
Select your preferred available time and book. You can pay online with most major credit cards. Register online the first time you book.
We'll send you confirmation of your booking. You'll receive a pin number to access the venue. It's easy!
How to find us
Mortimer Fairground The Street Mortimer Reading Berks RG7 3RB
Stratfield Mortimer Parish Council Tennis Courts