Mon, 30 Jul 2018 00:00
It’s been a very busy (and hot!) July - here are the highlights:
- Our Open Day took place on 14th July and again was a hit with the juniors – we had 11 turn up for coaching and converted 7 of these to members along with 1 adult and 1 family! Considering we were competing with both the World Cup and Wimbledon, this is a great result
- Junior Club & Coach has continued to be very well attended with 10 at its low and 20 at its peak. We have signed up a further 5 on top of Open Day so the juniors really are on fire! Thanks again to Kyle and Vanessa. We ran 2 Summer Camps last week with 8 children on each camp and feedback received was fantastic – well done Adrian!
- From a social perspective this month, Strawberries, Cream & Prosecco proved a fun event for a mixture of 16 tennis, boules and social members on the lawn, making the most of the sunshine. Darts Night took place on 25th July and 10 members took on 4 players from Carshalton Beeches Bowling Club. Thanks to Diana Martin for running this on the night and we will look to organise another evening soon.
- The observant ones will have noticed the new Guest Book which is in a waterproof case hanging on the gate to the courts. I will be sending the Guest Policy out in due course, but in the meantime please sign guests in and be reminded it is the responsibility of the member to pay the guest fee (£4). Preferably this should be switched to the club account, or please put cash in an envelope labelled “guest fee” and post through the letterbox of 66 Mayfield Road.
- Turning to Marketing. You’ll see a new banner decorating the hedge within the next week which goes hand-in-hand with our latest poster & leaflet campaign to target “rusties” (attached here should you be happy to send out to your network). So spread the word, there’s some free coaching once we sign up just a couple more. Thanks to Jane for her excellent design and hard work.
- Looking forward to August. Bring your own drinks from 16:00 on Sunday 5th. Remember as it’s the first Sunday of the month, Tennis and Boules will have a Club Session from 14:00 – 16:00 and then the social will follow. It’s Quiz Night on Friday, 17th so start getting your teams together and watch out for the note coming round this week.
- I end with a message on Finals Day. Tickets will go on sale soon and remember, this is the club’s event of the year and so we are relying on everyone to come and eat, drink, and watch the finals. We are busy in the background organising a fun day, so if you feel you can help in any way, please get in touch.
Chairman – Sutton Highfields Lawn Tennis Club