Thu, 30 Aug 2018 00:00
It’s the end of the month again, so here’s a summary of what’s been going on at SHLTC:
- Juniors - it’s been another great month for Club & Coach, with attendance not dipping below 10 and reaching a peak of 16. Summer Camps ran throughout the month including the launch of Tiny Tots, aimed at the under 5’s. The juniors have really kept the club buzzing this summer, so please let friends and family know to get in touch for more info on the Junior’s Autumn programme. Well done Coach Adrian and Kyle for all your hard work, and a special mention to Sam Waton who has also been helping us.
- Membership – we signed up one new family, one new senior member, and a further 3 junior members. The Rusties group coaching programme kicked off which is open to all members who want Adrian’s top tips to improve. Please contact this mailbox for further info.
- Social – we enjoyed drinks on the lawn after Club Session on the 5th and this is the last until next summer. Thanks as always to Sharon for doing the teas and everyone who has brought cakes. It was a full house at the Summer Quiz on the 17th where Steve Hainsworth did himself proud as the Quizmeister. Congrats to our joint winners: The Treasure Chest and The Racketeers (no comment on whose team came last, let’s remember it’s the taking part that counts 😊).
- Coming up in September – in case you hadn’t noticed, it’s FINALS DAY on Saturday, 8th September. So far, 30 tickets have been sold and the party will go ahead regardless of the weather. This really should be the highlight of the club’s social calendar, so even if you don’t fancy watching one of the five matches why not just come and drink and eat and show your support to the players - we need to know ASAP if you’re coming so we cater accordingly. Tickets are only £10 per adult / £2 per child and this gives you a day of entertainment, a barbeque, wine, beer, and soft drinks.
- Local news - please find a link to the Autumn edition of the South Sutton Hello in which we have a mention, and some interesting events happening locally. If I may draw your attention to the “Arts and Crafts for All" on Thursday 13th September at 2pm to 4pm at Christ Church, Christchurch Park, SM2 5TN. Free teas provided!
Chairman – Sutton Highfields Lawn Tennis Club