Rules of Play
1. All players shall wear suitable shoes and clothes at all times.
2. Players shall be fully paid up members by the end of April.
3. At busy times of play the following order of play shall persist:
A. Singles should not be played when there are people waiting and doubles could be played.
B. No court shall exceed 30 minutes of play or 1 short set when there are people waiting.
C. Juniors are to have priority on Courts 3 & 4 between 4-6pm on weekdays, and on Monday evenings on all courts (junior club night) until dusk. Adults are to have priority on all courts after 6pm.
D. During the day juniors have equal status to adults when waiting for courts – except during official adult sessions (see website). The rules at 3B will prevail.
4. At weekends – juniors will have equal status unless a match is being played – and the rules at 3B will prevail.
5. The game of tennis shall be played in accordance with the rules of the LTA.
6. Members are held responsible for loss or damage caused by them, or friends introduced by them, to Club property and shall make good such damage or loss at the request of the General Committee.
7. The Club accepts no responsibility for loss of or damage to the belongings of any member or visitor.
8. The Committee holds the power to draw up all rules for tournament play.
9. Courts are available to paid up members only. Friends of members can play on payment of £2.00 per day and the member is responsible for entry in the Visitor’s Book and payment to the Treasurer.
10. Players are to play on Courts 3 & 4 whenever possible in order to preserve Courts 1 & 2.
11. Bicycles and scooters should be left outside the courts.
12. Off peak members may not play in the Club Tournament, in league matches or on weekdays after 6pm. They may however play in weekend club sessions and American Tournaments
General Data Protection Regulation
Please note the Club’s Policy Document
Club Safeguarding Policy Statement
Tarvin Tennis Club is committed to helping people participate in the sport of tennis in a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment. To support this we have put in place policies covering safeguarding and diversity and inclusion.
A summary of the safeguarding policy can be found here; the full document of both policies can be found on the clubhouse notice board.