Transforming British Tennis Together
Thu, 29 Jun 2017 00:00
The funding aims to address some of the key barriers to playing tennis, such as poor weather, dark evenings and old, analogue booking systems by focusing on:
- Doubling the number of covered and floodlit courts to increase available playing hours
- Installing online booking and entry systems so everyone can book a court
- Refurbish courts, clubhouses and other social spaces;
- Support other innovative and creative ideas that meet local demand
- This community-led, partnership approach builds on the work we’ve been delivering in ten pilot towns and cities across Britain over the last ten years.
This funding has the potential to revolutionise tennis in Nottingham and the surrounding areas by enabling more people to play tennis more often.
Success is rooted in partnerships, and that’s why we want organisations and individuals who are passionate about tennis to come forward and apply for this funding. The investment will help to build covered courts, to erect floodlights and to bring communities together through new cafes and better facilities
There is real momentum behind British Tennis and in Nottingham, we have an ambitious approach to grow the game and make it more accessible and modernised than ever before.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please sign up to attend on of the upcoming roadshow evenst:
- Monday 2nd October from 11am-2pm at The Hive, Sawmill Walk, The Butts, Worcester, WR1 3PD. Please click here to book your space!
- Monday 2nd October from 5pm-8pm at Alan Higgs Centre, Allard Way, Coventry CV3 1HW. Please click here to book your space!
- Tuesday 3rd October from 11am-2pm at The Mac, Cannon Hill Park, Queen's Ride, Birmingham B12 9QH. Please click here to book your space!
- Tuesday 3rd October from 5pm-8pm at Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge, Forge Gate, Telford, TF3 4NA. Please click here to book your space!
- Wednesday 4th October from 11am-2pm at Leicester Tigers, Aylestone Road, Leicester, LE2 7TR. Please click here to book your space!
- Wednesday 4th October from 5pm-8pm at Pride Park Arena, Pride Park, Derby DE24 8XL. Please click here to book your space!
- Thursday 5th October from 11am-2pm at East Midlands Conference Centre - Uni of Nottingham, Beeston Lane, The University of Nottingham, NG7 2RJ. Please click here to book your space!
- Thursday 5th October from 5pm-8pm at The Showroom, Tritton Rd, Lincoln LN6 7QY. Please click here to book your space!
- Friday 6th October from 11am-2pm at Molineux Stadium, Waterloo Rd, Wolverhampton WV1 4QR. Please click here to book your space!
- Friday 6th October from 4pm-7pm at Stafford Manor High School, Wolverhampton Rd, Stafford ST17 9DJ. Please click here to book your space!