COVID-19 RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
Fri, 23 Apr 2021 00:00
Following Welsh Government confirmation today, we’re delighted to release our updated ‘Return to Play’ guidance for Tennis in Wales. These amended guidelines cover the following changes.
- The return of all LTA approved competition within the requirements of Welsh Government Covid-19 legislation.
- The ability to travel freely throughout the UK Common Travel Area for tennis, you must always adhere to the local Covid-19 restrictions and guidance in place when outside Wales.
From Saturday 24th April:
- Adult can now play doubles, with 6 people able to meet from any households.
From Monday 26th April:
- Adult (people aged 18+) group coaching for up to 30 people outdoors (the 30 limit includes coaches and instructors).
- Adult (people aged 18+) group competitions for up to 30 people outdoors (the 30 limit includes officials and coaches).
- Outdoor hospitality for table service and takeaway only. Please ensure you follow all Welsh Government guidelines on hospitality at all times, more detail is contained in our guidance.
As restrictions ease, please ensure you continue to wear a face mask as appropriate, maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times and practicegood hand hygiene to stop the spread of Covid-19.
Following the announcement today it is also confirmed that indoor centres will reopen and restart of group activities brought forward to the 3rd of May. The following future relaxations are scheduled:
From Monday 3rd May
- Indoor tennis venues can reopen for all tennis activity.
- Group activity will operate within the following limits – children (under 18) no group size limit (but there must be sufficient space for all participants to 2m social distance at all times) and adults (18+) max group size 15 people including coaches, instructors and officials.
- All participants must maintain 2m social distancing during activity regardless of age.
Our Return to Play guidance will be updated ahead of these changes coming into effect in May.
Should the Covid-19 situation remain positive, Wales could move to Alert Level 2 on the 17 May - allowing indoor hospitality and this step may also increase the limits on gatherings outdoors to 50 adults, and indoors to 30 adults for organised activity – please note this is unconfirmed at the point and won’t be until after the Senedd elections at the next Covid-19 review on the 14th May.