At Widnes Tennis Club our team of LTA Accredited Licenced Professional Tennis Coaches aim to provide a tennis programme to cater for players of all ages and abilities, from beginners and social players to those competing externally in Local League tennis, County, Regional & National events.
Our coaching programme is not bookable online, straight away. We believe that players gain the best experience from playing in carefully selected groups with others of a similar standard. If you are interested, please phone the club or email us with a contact phone number and someone will call you back to discuss your requirements and experience then invite you to come for a free trial session.
OUR COACHING TEAM
- Andrew Beswick, Level 3 Accredited+ Tennis Coach and our fantastic Head Coach. Andrew also is the Course Programme Co-Ordinator and head of recruitment and retention of coaches. He has been a member here for most of his life and is the heart and soul of the club. After gaining an accountancy degree from Liverpool University he decided to pursue his passion for tennis and become a tennis coach.
- Mark Hunter, Level 4 Accredited+ Tennis Coach who Heads up the Performance Tennis. Mark has a wealth of experience and works closely with the county squads and is totally dedicated and committed to developing juniors. Mark is a fantastic asset to WTA.
- Lauren Banks is a young yet experienced Level 3 Accredited+ Tennis Coach who recently joined the team here at WTA. Lauren works well individually as well as part of a large team and enjoys all aspects of coaching and has experience of working with beginners and performance players, adults and children and recently started to do some work with Wheelchair players. However, her favourite group to work with and where she feels her impact is the strongest is performance players from mini tennis to U14 age. We are delighted to welcome Lauren to the team.
- Callum Gowling, Level 3 Accredited+ Tennis Coach who Heads up Sports Psychology and also runs his own company Liquid Sports Science. Callum brings a wealth of experience and his also a great asset to WTA.
- Joseph Grimes, Level 4 Accredited Tennis Coach who was instrumental in establishing Widnes Tennis Academy way back in 2005 until he moved to the middle east in 2009. Joe is now back with the club also serving as a director and supporting the tennis coaching programme, in particular, the tennis social nights and Team Challenge Events.