Welcome to Beacons Tennis Academy
Beacons Tennis Academy
Beacons Tennis Academy provides tennis coaching to all ages in Abergavenny, Crickhowell and Raglan, South Wales. We have an excellent team of coaches providing group, individual and performance coaching at all our venues.
TENNIS COURTS IN WALES ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED
When courts open here are some thoughts on how we could play tennis safely. Even whenh lockdown restrictions change to allow us to play tennis, the corona virus hasn’t gone away so we need to ensure we are keep safe whilst also enjoying a game of tennis. Here are some sensible things to do:
- Play singles unless you are a family unit playing doubles
- Bring your own equipment; each person has their own set of balls that have some distinguishing mark. Only pick up your own marked balls so there is no possibility of transference via both touching the same tennis ball
- Change ends at the opposite side of the netpost to your opponent and don’t use communal benches for a rest
- Use hand gel before and after playing
How Can I have one to one Coaching?
All the safety guidelines for playing tennis with someone outside your family is applied. The only differences are:
- The lessons are 50 mins long to allow one client to leave before the next client turns up
- If the client doesn’t bring their own balls, the coach can provide client balls which are marked differently. These client balls are either new or have been in storage for 72 hours. Having separate marked balls enables the client to pick up these balls to practice serving.
- When the coach needs to demonstrate anything, the client must stand 2-3 metres away
- There will be handgel available for any client before and after the lesson
For all future coaching queries please contact Carys on 07525170667
Where we teach
Here are the Beacons Tennis Academy venues where you can play.
Abergavenny Tennis Club
Hill Road, Penypound, ABERGAVENNY, Monmouthshire, NP7 7RN
Crickhowell Tennis Club
Crickhowell Tennis Club, Beaufort Street, CRICKHOWELL, NP8 1AG