Junior Club Rules
The club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. We believe it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/guardians associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others. Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with our Junior Coordinator:
Jackie Bland – Mobile: 07775 615555 Email: Jackie.firstname.lastname@example.org
Code of Practice
All junior members of the club you are expected to abide by the following code of practice:
• All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions
• All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity
• Members should keep to agreed timings for training and competitions, or inform their coach or team manager if they are going to be late
• Members must wear suitable kit for training and match sessions, as agreed with the coach
• Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly
• Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at competitions
• Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club
Court priority times
Junior priority times are displayed at the club on notice boards, the club website and overleaf. At other times, juniors may use the courts if there are no senior members wishing to play, but are required to vacate the court if requested by a senior player.
1. Only members are allowed on the courts, except for junior non-members from other clubs attending for pre-arranged matches against BBCTC juniors in leagues, tournaments, inter-club ladder matches.
2. Junior members must wear their membership tags.
3. Players under the age of 11 must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
4. Tennis attire must be worn, with suitable footwear – no studs or mud.
5. When other juniors are waiting to play:
a. Doubles are to be played
b. One short set to be played (i.e. 6-5 maximum)
c. Play must be in strict order of arrival
6. Only players are allowed on the court, i.e. a maximum of four persons per court.
7. All rubbish – cans, bottles, etc. – must be placed in bins provided.
8. No other games are permitted on or near the courts.
9. The last players to leave must sweep the court, slacken the net a little to prolong its life and ensure the gates to the court are shut.
We ask all our junior members and their parents to help us run the club in an efficient and friendly way by following the above rules. Please wear your membership tags and encourage your friends to join – it is not fair on everyone else if non-members abuse our facilities.