The Club was established in 1922 by the Women’s Institute with two grass courts on land belonging to Hedingham Castle. The site had been the Blue Boar Inn in the 19th Century but this had been mostly destroyed by fire in 1865.
After the Second World War the Club was restarted by Rodney Hatfield with the Club entering a mixed team in the Halstead League winning three titles in the 1950s. In 1975 the site was acquired from Miss Majendie of Hedingham Castle by local businessman Leslie Drury with the sole objective of improving the facilities. Two red shale courts were laid and a pavillion installed from the defunct Tortoise Works Club in Halstead. Soon after, a new toilet block was added to the site.
In the early '80s, the two courts were changed to an all-weather surface with a third hard court replacing the remaining grass court. In 1997 the Club took out a long lease on the courts so it could manage its own affairs. After an unsuccessful National Lottery Application to improve the courts the club through extensive fund raising resurfaced the two main courts in 1999 carrying out the re-netting work themselves.
In 2002 the third court was renewed and repositioned to allow for extra run-back. Membership has increased every year and the Club continues to build on its successes with victories in the Halstead and District Tennis League in Mixed, Mens, and Ladies teams in recent years.