How to find us
Chiseldon Tennis Club
Recreation Ground, Off Norris Close
The club re-opened on March 29th. Please ensure you have read all general and Covid-19 info below.
Guidance for club sessions:
- These will be organised using the Chiseldon Tennis Club What's App group.
- The club can only have 12 people at club sessions as there can be no waiting around off court.
- Please add your name on WEDNESDAY for the Wednesday club night and no earlier than SATURDAY for Sunday club morning.
- Please message the What's App group immediately if you find you cannot attend so someone can take your place.
- As part of government Track & Trace we are required to have the names of all players who join these sessions, we will keep track of these using the What's App group.
- Players can mix courts but remember social distancing, and use wipes / hand sanitiser.
Guidance for booking a court:
- Members must log in and book a court before turning up. They are not be able to just turn up and play.
- Players must start at 5 minutes past booked time and finish 5 minutes before finish time.
- Members are now permitted to play singles and doubles regardless of whether they are from the same household.
- You do not have to use separate balls for each player, but you are reminded to wash your hands as soon as you can, avoid touching your face and use hand sanitiser.
- Whilst we try to ensure hand sanitiser and antiseptic wipes are available, you are still advised to take your own.
- Do not pick up balls that are not yours.
- Arrive changed and ready to get on court as there are no changing facilities.
- If anyone who has played develops symptoms of Covid-19 please follow the Government's 'Test and Trace' guidelines:
- The clubhouse toilets are open.
- The kitchen and changing rooms remain unavailable.
- Guests are permitted to play - only when accompanied by a member.
It has been agreed that guests will pay £5 per day.
- Please clean locks and gate handles as you arrive and as you leave.
- In order to comply with government and LTA trace and track guidelines all players names must now be entered when booking a court. Click 'Advanced' and then choose 'Add participant' to enter each additional name up to a maximum of 4 per court.
- If you are bringing a guest or guests please pay £5 per guest per day directly into the Chiseldon Tennis Club bank account, the account details were emailed to all members. Please email [email protected] club.co.uk if you need them and to let the club know about the payment, the date playing and the names of the guest(s).
Pay and Play is available at Chiseldon Tennis Club. It is £10 per hour. To book a court please text or ring : 07753199950 (Julie Porte).
The Committee are constantly assessing government advice and guidance from the LTA and will provide updates here and by email.
We are based at Chiseldon Recreation Field. We have 3 outdoor courts, all of which are floodlit and fully accessible to wheelchairs. We are an LTA affiliated club and we are TennisMark accredited.
We are a friendly and social club and welcome members of all abilities and ages.
If you have any questions that are not answered on our website please send an email to [email protected]
Chiseldon Tennis Club was founded in 1983. We are a non-profit organisation run by volunteers, if you are interested in volunteering opportunities please email [email protected]
Stay Alert ….. Stay Safe….. Enjoy Your Tennis ….
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 07977 504124
Safeguarding Policy ( See POLICIES page)
Please contact our WTC Safeguarding Officer Jo Green if you have any concerns or questions about safeguarding issues.