How to find us
Chiseldon Tennis Club
Off Norris Close
Covid-19 Updated guidelines for Chiseldon Tennis Club. June 2020.
We may be missing Wimbledon this year but we have seen plenty of our own action and Chiseldon is certainly enjoying tennis. Since the recent recommencing of tennis play, we have seen plenty of activity on court; it is so great to see. Thank you to all members for your continued support.
Many requests were received from members to continue to support the club through membership, and for this reason we maintained the fee at the same level as last year. We were however, also understanding that due to these uncertain times, some members would need to wait and see what happens during the year. It was very heartening therefore to see that not only have almost all members re-joined, but that membership has increased! Thank you; we look forward to seeing you on court.
The Committee are constantly assessing government advice and guidance from the LTA.
- Pay and play is not available at present, we will provide an update here as and when we are able to re-introduce pay & play.
- Members must log in and book a court on the club website before turning up. They will not be able to turn up and play.
- Players must start at 5 minutes past booked time and finish 5 minutes before finish time - to allow safe changeover.
- Members are now permitted to play singles and doubles regardless of whether they are from the same household.
- Please still take care to maintain social distancing.
- You no longer have to use separate balls for each player, but you are reminded to wash hands as soon as you can, avoid touching your face and use hand sanitiser.
- Whilst we have tried to make sanitiser available, you are still advised to ensure you take your own antiseptic wipes and hand sanitiser.
- Nets will stay set at the correct height for play - please do not touch the nets, these will be checked regularly.
- Do not pick up balls that are not yours.
- Arrive changed and ready to get on court as there are no changing facilities.
- If anyone who has played develops symptoms of Covid-19 please follow the Government's 'Test and Trace' guidelines:
- Use of the bathroom facility in the clubhouse is also now possible. Please note the kitchen and changing rooms remain unavailable.
- Guests are now permitted to play - only when accompanied by a member.
It has been agreed that guests will pay £5 per day.
- Please take hand sanitiser and wipes – please clean locks and gate handles as you arrive and as you leave.
- In order to comply with government and LTA trace and track guidelines all players names must now be entered when booking a court. Click 'Add participant' and enter each additional name up to a maximum of 4 per court.
- If you are bringing a guest or guests please pay £5 per guest per day directly into the Chiseldon Tennis Club bank account, the account details were emailed to all members. Please email info@chiseldontennis club.co.uk if you need them and to let the club know about the payment, the date playing and the names of the guest(s).
July 4th 2020, the LTA published new guidelines which meant the club has had to issue new guidance as club sessions cannot take place in the way we are all used to.
- All 3 courts can be used, but players need to stay on the same court with the same group of players, they cannot switch with or interact with players on another court.
- Please add your name to the Whats App Group on the day of the session you want to attend(the day before for Sunday).
- Please message the What's App group immediately if you find you cannot attend so someone can take your place.
- As part of government Track & Trace we are required to have the names of all players who join these sessions, we will keep track of these using the What's App group.
In light of these guidelines we are going to run 3 multiple group activities - Tuesday 6.30pm - 9pm, Wednesday 6.30pm - 9pm and Sunday 10.30am-1pm. Play as a 4 - Stay as a 4 -Stay safe.
These will be organised using the Chiseldon Tennis Club What's App group; due to social distancing rules, the number of players will be limited to the first 12 members that place their names on What's App as available to play. Members are already using the What's App group really effectively to arrange games, all members are still required to book courts before playing.
Membership packages are now available for the 2020-2021 season. Details on how to join can be found on our membership page which is linked above.
We are based at Chiseldon Recreation Field. We have 3 newly constructed outdoor courts, all of which are floodlit and fully accessible to wheelchairs. We are an LTA affiliated club and we are TennisMark accredited.
We are a friendly and social club and welcome members of all abilities and ages.
If you have any questions that are not answered on our website please send an email to email@example.com
Chiseldon Tennis Club was founded in 1983. We are a non-profit organisation run by volunteers, if you are interested in volunteering opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Alert ….. Stay Safe….. Enjoy Your Tennis ….
Tel: 07843 481241
Safeguarding Policy ( See POLICIES page)
Please contact our WTC Safeguarding Officer Sara Brazell if you have any concerns or questions about safeguarding issues.