The Head Coach at Hawarden Community Tennis Club is Mike Herd, an LTA Accredited Level 4 Senior Club Coach, with over 10 years’ experience, working with all ages and abilities. Mike and his team offer a full range of opportunites for players of all ages and all abilitiles, to learn and practice their tennis skills in a fun environment.
A variety of junior coaching opportunities is available at Hawarden, including:
- Tennis for Kids - a very popular LTA initiative with lessons open to kids aged between 4 and 11, all year round. For just £25 +p&p every child will receive six lessons, as well as a special Tennis for Kids Babolat racket, ball set, and personalised T-shirt delivered right to their door. More here.
- Older Junior starter package - For just £39.99 every junior will receive six lessons, as well as a tennis racket with a grip and vibration dampener.
- Holiday Camps - a great way to entertain the kids during the school holidays! Can be booked for anything between half a day, to a full week! Booking is essential. More here.
A large variety of other coaching and fun competitons are available for juniors, full details can be found here.
A large variety of coaching opportunities are also available to adults, including
- "Rusty Rackets", for players returning to the game;
- "Private lessons", for any level of player wishing to improve their game;
- Beginners and improvers sessions.
- Fun socials and competitions.
Some coaching is available on a "pay as you play" basis and individual coaching is available upon request. Full details of the adults coaching programme can be found here.