A committee member is generally on hand to supply balls and help keep the order of play running smoothly. Everyone gets a hit and rotates according to numbers. Competent junior members are welcome.
Players thinking of joining the club are welcome to attend club sessions. If you have any queries about the sessions, please contact our Membership Secretary by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday club mornings generally take place throughout the year between 10am and 12pm
- Wednesday club nights run from 6.30pm during the summer months (and have restarted for 2019!)
Join the club's WhatsApp group to check who'll be available to play on club morning/evening (or indeed whenever the opportunity presents!). Please email email@example.com to get your details added to the group.
Coach Andy Aitken from Premier Tennis is providing junior coaching (ranging from pre-school upwards) on Thursdays from 3.15pm (depending on age group). More details are available on Coaching.
Tournaments & Fixtures
The club runs a couple of tournaments, as well as various friendly fixtures during the year.
- Autumn Mixed Doubles Tournament - Sunday 28 April 2019 (postponed from 2018)
- Summer Tournament - Sunday 9 June 2019 Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Autumn Mixed Doubles Tournament - Sunday 22 September 2019
- Friendly fixtures 2019 We have matches scheduled over May, June and August. Anyone wishing to play in a friendly match should contact Lorraine by emailing email@example.com
- Hendreds Tennis Club Quiz Night - November 2019 (Date TBC)
Always a great night out, and this year featuring a warming curry and bar.
Venue: West Hendred Village Hall (TBC)
Teams: 8 players
Register your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social evenings
The Hendreds junior and adult coaching programme runs on Fridy evenings and presents an opportunity to join fellow parents/players for a drink in The Hendreds Sports Club.
Balls are conveniently available from Hendred Stores priced at £5.50 for a tube of 4 balls. That should leave you enough change to buy a few croissants if you get in early enough on a Saturday! Hendred Stores are open until 6pm Monday to Friday, until 4pm Saturdays and until noon on Sundays.