Its all about competing...
Locally we have a number of competitive opportunities, from internal fun club matchplay events, Club Championships, to Team Challenges, local Box Leagues, club District Leagues and Graded British Tennis competitions.
For parents of children keen to compete here's some great advice on how best to support your child on their tennis journey. If you would like to compete past fun events you will need a British tennis membership - you can check for a competing BTM here. All clubs affliated with Highland tennis will offer free BTM via their club, become a BTM here. As well as the ability to compete in rated competition a BTM will allow you to opt into the Wimbledon ticket ballot.
Still not convinced? Here's the benefits of competing
1. Competition drives us to learn at a faster rate and perform at a higher level.
2. Competition teaches us to bring our best effort.
3. Competition teaches us to manage our nerves.
4. Competition helps us with goal setting.
5. Competition teaches us to play by rules.
6. Competition helps us to learn to win and lose with grace.
7. Competition can build self-esteem.
8. Competition teaches commitment.
9. Competition causes kids to perform better in school. Data shows that high school students who play sport are less likely to drop out. Furthermore, participation in sports also has been associated with completing more years of education and consistently higher grades in school. Not surprising that the discipline and goal setting that is learned in competitive sports helps in school.