Club Policies and Constitution
The Club's Constitution can be found by clicking on the page bar above.
The Club's Policies on Welfare and Safety:
The club aims to encourage a safe and inclusive environment in which members can enjoy their tennis.
Ightham Tennis Club acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and to promote the welfare of children and adults at risk. The club is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and LTA requirements. A copy of the club’s full Safeguarding Policy is available on the Safeguarding notice board, the club’s website, and from the club’s Welfare Officer.
The club’s Safeguarding Policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children and adults at risk are paramount in all circumstances. This policy together with the club's Diversity and Inclusion Policy aim to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background everyone:
- has a positive and enjoyable experience of tennis at Ightham Tennis Club in a safe and inclusive environment
- is protected from abuse whilst participating in tennis
Ightham Tennis Club acknowledges that some children, young people and adults with special needs and or from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse, and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
We have 5 core principles which we aim to comply with in order to promote both safeguarding and equality:
- We have a Safeguarding Policy and a Diversity and Inclusion Policy; both apply to every member, all coaches and visitors
- We encourage children and adults to create safe and inclusive tennis environments
- We prioritize safe and inclusive recruitment, induction, training and support
- We protect every child and adult's personal and confidential information
- We address safeguarding and discrimination concerns immediately
We have the following Policy and related documents which can be downloaded by clicking on the links:
- Safeguarding Policy
- Diversity and Inclusion Policy
- Whistleblowing Policy
- Health and Safety Statement
- Concern Reporting Guidelines
Anyone who has an issue over Safeguarding, Diversity and Inclusion, or Health and Safety should report it in the first instance to the ITC’s Welfare Officer (see Committee list), or to the Chairman or any member of the Committee.
If this cannot be done for whatever reason, they should report their concern direct to the LTA’s Safe & Inclusive Tennis Team (020 8487 7000 or email@example.com).