General Booking Rules
- You must book a court online before you play.
- Please cancel any unwanted bookings online (even if at the last minute), to allow others to play. For Pay & Play customers this must be 1 hour in advance of your session to receive an automatic refund, otherwise a refund will only be given at the Council’s discretion. If you cancel a booking within this window and require a refund please email us at [email protected] to discuss.
- Pay & Play users can book courts 14 days in advance.
- If you are eligible for our discounted rate (see our charges leaflet for more information) please email us at [email protected] and we will provide you with more information on how to register with the system correctly so the correct rate is applied.
- The Council reserves the right to cancel bookings, where there is cause, at their discretion. An email will be sent to the member notifying them should this be necessary.
- The Council reserves the right to pre-book the Courts for coaching, events and maintenance
- In the event of bad weather/adverse playing conditions users should inform the Council that play has been cancelled the same day
- Please note that the relevant Mid Sussex District Council Park Bylaws apply at each venue.
- Players should comply with the principles of respect and fair play, both on and off the court
- Please ensure you close the court gate properly when you enter and leave the court and help us to keep the courts in a safe condition by reporting any damage or suspicious behaviour to the Council
- Players should wear appropriate sports clothing and footwear when on court
- Smoking is not permitted on the Courts
- No dogs are permitted on the courts
- Members play tennis at their own risk and are asked to apply common sense in looking out for themselves and other members at all times
- No person may coach others for financial gain on any Court without the prior approval of the Council
- Courts cannot be booked for any activities other than tennis unless with written consent from the Council
- Please take off the court everything you take on – including all balls and general litter (please use bins in the parks)
- Mid Sussex District Council reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
Right to Play
- If someone is playing on the Court you have booked when you arrive, please use your booking confirmation as proof where possible or use another Court if necessary. If you encounter any problems please contact us on 01444 458166 during office hours (Mon-Thurs 9am-5:15pm, Fri 9am – 4:15pm) or email [email protected]