Kilmarnock Tennis Club is committed to prioritising the wellbeing of all children and adults at risk, promoting safeguarding in our club at all times, including all programmes and events we run. This policy strives to minimise risk, deliver a positive tennis experience for everyone and respond appropriately to all safeguarding concerns/disclosures.
Our safeguarding policy is available in the clubhouse. The main points are noted below:
- Check that you have the relevant consent from parents/carers, children and adults before taking or using photos and videos
- Ensure your own roles and responsibilities, and those of everyone you are responsible for are clearly outlined and everyone has the information, training and support to carry them out
- Where possible, do not be alone with a child or adult at risk
- Do not abuse, neglect, harm or discriminate against anyone; or act in a way that may be interoperated as such
- Doing nothing is NOT an option: report all concerns and disclosures as soon as possible, following the Concern Reporting Procedure
- If someone is in immediate danger, call the police (999)
Concern reporting procedure
Listen carefully to what the person is telling you. Do not interrupt; keep questions to a minimum; do not promise to keep the information secret.
If someone is in immediate danger then phone the police (999). Otherwise, talk to the club's welfare officer, Elaine Semple, who can be contacted on 07805 600937 or [email protected] . Also, contact the LTA Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team (020 8487 7000) which is available on weekdays from 9am to 5pm. If this team is unavailable, and you require advice on child-related matters urgently, call the NSPCC (0808 800 5000) or Parent Line Scotland (0800 028 2233).
If your concern is about a child or a vulnerable adult, contact East Ayrshire Council Social Work Standby (0800 328 7758).
Hate crime can be reported through True Vision.
Submit an objective account of your concerns immediately using the Registering A Concern online form on the LTA website.
Handling a concern/disclosure can be emotionally difficult. If you would like to talk to someone after making a concern/disclosure, contact the LTA Safe and Inclusive Tennis Team by phone 020 8487 7000 or email [email protected].
Diversity, inclusion and whistleblowing
Club welfare officer
The welfare officer for Kilmarnock Tennis Club is Elaine Semple who can be contacted on 07805 600937 and [email protected].