John Howie - head coach
John is an accredited level 5 LTA registered coach and was head professional at Whitecraigs LTC for nearly 30 years.
He has worked with players of all standards, from club level to international level, including the Davis Cup.
John was the number one ranked singles player in Scotland and has represented his country on many occasions. He has won national championships on clay, grass and hard court.
If you would like individual or group coaching, email John at [email protected] or contact him on 07708 570244.
Throughout the year, the Saturday morning coaching programme runs from 9.15am to 1pm:
- 9.15am to 10am - tots tennis for the young ones
- 9.15am to 10am - mini red for kids between 4 and 8 years of age
- 10.15am to 11.15am - orange and green classes which are for children aged 9 and 10
- 11.30am to 1pm - yellow ball for children aged 11 and above, split by ability
The 12.30pm to 1pm slot is for matchplay and is included in the price of the 11.30am to 1pm session.
Sessions are run by John alongside assistants Derek Cranson, Grant Semple and Jamie Robertson.
John is available for the following group coaching sessions:
- Saturday 1pm to 2.30pm - all playing abilities - £5 per head for members, £7 for non-members (minimum 5 players)