John Howie - head coach
John is an accredited level 5 LTA registered coach and was head professional at Whitecraigs LTC for nearly 30 years.
He has worked with players of all standards, from club level to international level, including the Davis Cup.
John was the number one ranked singles player in Scotland and has represented his country on many occasions. He has won national championships on clay, grass and hard court.
If you would like individual or group coaching, email John at [email protected] or contact him on 07708 570244.
Throughout the year, the Saturday morning coaching programme runs from 9am to 1pm:
- 9am to 9.45am - mini red for children between 4 and 8 years of age
- 10am to 10.45am - orange ball (beginner/intermediate) for children aged between 8 and 9
- 11am to 12pm - orange ball (advanced) for children aged between 8 and 9
- 12pm to 1pm - green ball for children aged 10
- 12pm to 1pm - yellow ball for children aged 11 and above, split by ability
We also run a Tots Tennis session every Friday from 4pm to 4.45pm for children of nursery school age.
Sessions can be booked using the links below and are run by John alongside assistants Grant Semple, Jamie Robertson, Callum Semple, Roddy Campbell and Lynsey O'Connor.
John does adult group coaching on Saturdays from 1.30pm to 3pm. The session is for members only and is £5 per head. There is no need to pre-book.
Grant runs adult beginner group coaching on Tuesdays from 6pm to 7pm. Book using the relevant link below.